ONE ARMY HA! HA!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by geordie-ted, Apr 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What happened to the "One Army" idea, newly promoted Regular SNCO's now get up to £855 (depending on corps) to buy a Mess dress, but grant is not available to the TA...

2. You’re obviously not very good with the search button then :wink:

3. Then again how many times a year do TA wear mess dress ? If you are that upset wear No 2's

4. No 2's, how appropriate (think about it)

5. Bravo_Bravo

Bravo_Bravo On ROPs

No.2 dress to a Mess Dress?

6. my thoughts exactly. If you are going to do it, do it correctly. There are companies who offer mess dress for 500 squid with 0% finance so you can pay over time.

Ultimatly though, mess dress is optional! No one is saying you must wear it (or at least they should not).

7. Bravo_Bravo

Bravo_Bravo On ROPs

umm you've not come across many Infantry RSMs, have you?

8. As a member of a regular mess I would say that I wear it as many times as the regular SNCO's. Oh and like the rest of the TA I don't get issued No 2's

9. Nobody NEEDS it, it is a vanity purchase.

10. Bravo_Bravo

Bravo_Bravo On ROPs

Tell my RSM....

11. Have to agree...Got promoted to SNCO and we were given a timescale until the next mess function to get mess dress.

12. Use yout tax free bounty, you part time wannabe real soldier but can't hack it whinging loser ;)

13. PA
    Classic ARAB shit - its what we have come to expect
    Suggest that you give up all your regular army allowances and donate them to Help for Hero's - and while your at it, suggest that you also foresake Saturday & Sundays pay when you are not on duty

14. Regular Army allowances??!! Such as??!

We don't get Saturday & Sunday pay. We get a salary, non-day specific.

15. Ohh goody the Regular Vs TA argument this is a change