One Army Again.....

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by ViVictaVis, Mar 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. **

Edited after msr shot holes in the original question....

2. msr

msr LE

Yes - you should have read this post before you pressed submit, as it makes very little sense.

msr

3. The C/Sgts might all be sh1t and him filling the position avoids the nightmare that a poor CSM brings!

4. Were there any TA personnel qualified for the rank/post?

5. Yes there are spare WO2s and senior CSgts who had high grades from their last grading boards.

6. Perhaps they didn't want the post?

7. They were never offered the post....

8. Perhaps regardless of their grades they were sh1t.

If the current clowns in government have taught me anything its that it is possible to make a turd look good on paper.

9. One of the spare WO2s was an ex regular who had already served on 2 busy tours and had just finished a post as CSM of another company.

The C/Sgt might be shit, but all his grades and recommendations say otherwise and I was under the impression that made the decison?

10. Who knows then.

The last and only thought is that "One Army" is supposed to work both ways.

11. msr

msr LE

Does the PSI hold both roles?

12. What's the problem?

If our current or former SPSI's demobbed to go TA and ended up back as a C/Sgt or CSM we'd turn cartwheels.

CSM as a regular post in the TA?? Hmmm now there's a thought. Two switched on Cookies liasing with each other and getting it done? Not saying for one second our current CSM isn't up to the role, he is, and beyond it.

But there may be something in this for the future?

13. What a surprise, yet another TA whinging thread…………. :roll: How a unit/sub unit manages its manning hardly deserves a one army headline now does it? This “one army” sketch is getting very boring now.

As a driver on exercise in 1985 I had a TA crew commander…………….etc, etc,

14. Unless I've misunderstood the point - the issue is that the Regular PSI - who has his own job-spec - has been tasked with doing the TA CSM role as well. If there are qual bodies who could/should be holding the job thats not a good idea. If the "qual" bodies are actually not up to snuff then thats another kettle of fish, and begs the question as to how they got there in the first place.

15. That reminds me of the good old "two-way street" for trade with the USA. The two-way street was of course a bridle path on one side and an eight lane highway on the other...

I must also point out that the Big 'Un is obviously upset that the TA are whinging about the TA, he no doubt assumed only the Regular Army was allowed that privilege?