One and a half month puppy German Shepherd, Where can i find in depth training guides

As the title states I'm the owner of a German Shepherd puppy. I want to train him early as I possibly can and to do that I need a regimented guide to it.

The dog is going to be massive but for now it's a little nipper (see attatched picture). I am looking for tips that teach the most discipline a dog can learn. But I also want the dog to always feel loved and at home.

Thank you in advance for your time and please refer me to any books e or otherwise that i can read to gain the knowledge I'm looking for.

ugly

LE
12 weeks is fine, usually they go at 8 weeks but be aware that the pup will learn through play and wont need much at first, little and often and reward with praise and affection!

ugly

LE
Dog training for blondes/dummies, basic dog training by Eric Begbie, an excellent set of simple lessons for any dog let alone a gun dog.

Thetemple:

God almighty, what made you buy a 6 week old puppy, obviously you did not get him from a reputable breeder!! I doubt he has been inoculated as it is NOT usual to inoculate until 8 weeks at the earliest as the injections can cause problems if given earlier. Then there is the need for a booster injection a couple of weeks later so that your puppy is protected against common illnesses and in particular against parvo virus which is a killer. Add to that has the puppy had a health check and been checked for Hip Dysplasia, Epilepsy, CDRM, Haemophilia A, and Pancreatic Insufficiency? Hopefully you have NOT taken the little one out in the woods or fields around you if he has not been vaccinated. My sincerest advice is to get him checked over by a vet and inoculated sooner rather than later, plus get him micro-chipped so if your lose him he can be returned, then think about training. His health comes first – you cannot train a dead dog.

ugly

LE
Sorry I cant do sums. 6 weeks is too early!

L

lumpy2

As the title states I'm the owner of a German Shepherd puppy. I want to train him early as I possibly can and to do that I need a regimented guide to it.

The dog is going to be massive but for now it's a little nipper (see attatched picture). I am looking for tips that teach the most discipline a dog can learn. But I also want the dog to always feel loved and at home.

Thank you in advance for your time and please refer me to any books e or otherwise that i can read to gain the knowledge I'm looking for.
What a pity you didn't think of gaining a bit of knowledge before acquiring this very young puppy. I can only hope you got him from someone known to you who had a litter of pups, and not from a dodgy pet shop. You would do well to take Emsav's advice.

Lecture over - good luck with him.

ugly

LE
Still the pup should at least have a chance away from a crap breeder!

ugly

LE
No I wasn't but I would do my research BEFORE buying an underage dog.
Well help the guy out then.

Here is my advice.

Join Puppy training classes ASAP.
Never smack a dog on the nose
Never smack a dog on the arse, or anywhere else. There are ways of punishing a dog and smacking is not one of them.
You are the master, make sure that the dog understands that and that other members of your family are above it in the pecking order.
Regular walks once or twice a day
Get it insured and all vet shots sorted
Love the little bugger to bits and he / she will give you the same love back and more

Yes start training him but do not expect much more than basic toilet training: fact is he is still a baby

Doubt you will get him into a puppy class at that age and anyway until he has had his puppy jabs bad idea to let him romp in any area where other dogs have been. First vaccinations at 8-9 weeks and booster vaccination at 12 weeks.

Yes it has been said but anyone who lets 6 week old pup go is beneath contempt and it bodes ill. If you have not already done so take him to the vet ASAP for a once over and advice on worming, timing of jabs etc and get him chipped.

Get him along to a vet make sure his jabs are up to date. Ask your vet if he knows of a puppy class nearby. As for house training one word is dilligence. If that means being up with him 22 hrs a day then so be it. It IS the only way.
GS needs to work so make sure you have a few jobs for them to do, don't let them look for work themselves. I am not an expert in that breed but I have handled a few rescue cases, few if any have been down to the breeding. It's all down to the owner and that means YOU.