"Once in a Generation cut - Armed Forces"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by JediKnight, Jun 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "We are never ready for war,Yet we never have a Cabinet who dare tell the truth"
    Sir Garnet Wolesly 1831-1913

" For they had found that true safety was only to be found in long and previous training"

Thucydides, of the Spartens 418BC

That blokes a complete Fwit

2. The fact that he thinks the welsh valleys are full of fast jets at weekends shows how thick this muppet is and how inept his research is.

Everyone knows that us Crabs dont work weekends .. :wink:

3. It is Simon Jenkins writing in the Guardian - so not to be taken seriously. The only debate is why the hell would the BBC follow up these ramblings?

There is one interesting point in that he claims to have been involved in making proposals to the Labour Party about a Defence Review in 1997. Anyone who believes he was involved at any real level must seriously doubt the credibility of the Defence Policy of any Party that employs/consults this sort of person.

4. I must admit, at first I was spitting feathers and wanted to send some of my spat feathers to him. Maybe they should be white ones for cowardice, as he is certainly an ungrateful fool who in his own words, was happy to be defended during the cold war but not willing to take the risk himself! :evil: :evil:

5. T'would be grounds for "A Very British Coup" methinks.

6. I had a google at this lizard, can anyone else smell chutney?

7. I wonder what his attitude would be if his family were caught up in a terrorist bombing?

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It wouldn't be the terrorists' fault, it would be the nasty army and police at fault. :x

9. Of course he's quite right, I mean how can he be wrong, he graduated from the same filthy nest of treasonous vipers as those other great minds, Blunt, Philby, Burgess & Maclean. We should all bow to his wisdom. From the high vantage point of his dreaming spire no enemies are visible. I am pleased for him. The national deficit is as he points out, all our problem. Desperate measures are needed to counter it. I suggest we sell off the National Trust of which he is the chairman. How many poncey country houses do we need afterall? Mr Jenkins and his Oxford chums might enjoy playing Brideshead revisited in them, but they leave me cold.

10. There's an earlier thread on this topic and character. Sorry but..........................

11. I'm not even going to debate this article, just make one comment; bullsh#t.

12. Mr Jenkins has a history of bad mouthing spurting off about the countries Armed Forces judging by the arrse search function.

Don't rise to the tw@t, simples!

13. Sadly Philby went to Cambridge, but I agree with the sentiment.

14. Correct, He's naive and hyper-reactionary. He has no concept of the real world and should have a butchers at actual Int reports on UK threats before making ridiculous remarks like those. Next he'll be wanting to cut MI5/6 because no one in their right mind uses spies these days...

Chopper.