Once fired brass

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by remf, Mar 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking for a good source of once fire brass in .303 and 7.92. Can anyone help?
  2. try monks in chester..they USED to sell it.
  3. Try the battlefields of the Western Front.
  4. I take it that it's for reloading?

I have a fair bit of .303 available, mostly HXP & FNM. If you're only looking for a hundred or so I could let you have some for a sensible price.

7.92 boxer is still in pretty short supply, I used to convert the .30-06 cases when I had one. At least they're easier to find.

If interested and you can't find any closer to home, PM me but I'm out of the UK for the next two weeks.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

For 7.92 tip up at the NRA open day, they provide FNM to the HBSA and LERA and all of it is Boxer, do a deal and away you go!
  6. how much .303 do you want? I have thousands of empty cases. Not free but I can do you a good price.
  7. I was helping a fellow move house the other day and came across a medium-sized sack of brass - empty cases and blanks, of a range of calibres from a while ago. He said he didn't know what to do with it, and was planning to bury it somewhere. Is there somewhere one can unload this stuff? Not sure those at the local tip would take it, and I had no idea there was a market for it. 8O
  8. Assuming it's not stolen (!) Then any metal recycler will buy the empty cases and you may be able to sell the blanks to a re-enactment group if they are suitable calibres. Three are no restrictions on possession of blanks for small arms.

What calibres are the blanks?
  9. picking up on this old thread - does anybody have any once fired .303 brass at a sensible price - i want to load a lot of dummy rounds for a reenactor friend 50 - 100 or so?
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

PM sent, I also should have a good supply of 7.92 by the end of next month!!!!
  11. Reading this months defence focus I see that it was mentioned they are looking at ways to save more money and are reusing ammo tins and selling brass back to the manufacturer. ...hang on a minute where has it all been going for yrs before then?
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ahem, to me?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. In 2008 RG started to charge an additional £35.00 per H83 ammo container because none were comming back from Theatre. I had a senior officer complain that I was sending ISO containers back to the UK from Iraq full of empty tins until I pointed out that each ISO container was worth over £65,000.00!

All brass (that not dropped whilst throwing lead at the enemy) is sent to Qinetic where it is inspected, incinerated and sold on.

The recyling of brass and ammo containers has always been going on.
    • Like Like x 1