Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Rumrunner, Apr 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Anyone following the series? I am and find it really moving. I have just watched last nights’ episode, really touching to see the consequence on the survivor of the passing on of an old mate . All the old soldiers though appear positive about the fact that death is a race they can’t win and continue to enjoy life to the full and what a life it appears to be!

They certainly live in a grand style, in a beautiful location, all enjoying superb facilities for the price of their army pension. Some of those pensions (bearing in mind the age and length of service of some of them) must be peanuts!

I’m not sure that I could do it though and was wondering if any ARRSE members have it in their long term plans?
  2. Yes i have been watching, and have had the priviledge of meeting some
    of the Pensioners and dining with them in there halls.
  3. Damn, I knew there was something on TV I needed to watch!!

Given the choice between an old people's home and The Royal Hospital, give me the latter. Everyone a hero in my book.
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I watched it last night & I was moved to tears when one chap lost his best mate,they used to go to the bookies together,meals.Very sad.
    They are a unique breed of men.Men who we ,as a country should be proud of.
  5. Spike, we are all Veterans! I would like to think it will still be around to give a home to all the service men/women who are putting their lives on the line today. It really is a unique institution available to some incredibly unique people. Nothing like it anywhere else in the world.

A veritable treasure to say the very least!