Once a Gunner ALWAYS a Gunner

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by wellyhead, Nov 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In 1981 I first pulled on an Artillery Blue Beret and 9 pdr when I joined my local ACF unit, living not that far away from Woolwich it wasn’t surprising that we were affiliated to the Royal Regiment, and started my life as a Gunner (thats the real Gunners not those Roackape pretenders) and in 1987 I walked through the hallowed gates of Royal Artillery Barracks to start my life as a Regular Soldier. 12 years later I decided to leave the Army and strike out on my own but have always felt a little lost outside the Gunner family.

On Tuesday night I rejoined that family as I as attested into my Local TA unit and became a Gunner (ironically in role and rank) again

Just wanted to say it feels good :D :D :D

PS I have a Battery reunion tomorrow so I better not call the BSM a NIG or I'll be for it :wink:

2. Wahey welcome! I'm lying low till the lads come back from Afghan before i join the local RA TA!!

3. I considered joining the TA too. I even went and had a medical.

I'm still that gunner mad that I am looking at visiting fort Niagara in 2013 (200 years after my old battery helped take the place).

Ibbo

5. 89 - 92