Once a Gunner ALWAYS a Gunner

In 1981 I first pulled on an Artillery Blue Beret and 9 pdr when I joined my local ACF unit, living not that far away from Woolwich it wasn’t surprising that we were affiliated to the Royal Regiment, and started my life as a Gunner (thats the real Gunners not those Roackape pretenders) and in 1987 I walked through the hallowed gates of Royal Artillery Barracks to start my life as a Regular Soldier. 12 years later I decided to leave the Army and strike out on my own but have always felt a little lost outside the Gunner family.

On Tuesday night I rejoined that family as I as attested into my Local TA unit and became a Gunner (ironically in role and rank) again

Just wanted to say it feels good :D :D :D

PS I have a Battery reunion tomorrow so I better not call the BSM a NIG or I'll be for it :wink:

Wahey welcome! I'm lying low till the lads come back from Afghan before i join the local RA TA!!

I considered joining the TA too. I even went and had a medical.

I'm still that gunner mad that I am looking at visiting fort Niagara in 2013 (200 years after my old battery helped take the place).

Ibbo

ibbo said:
I considered joining the TA too. I even went and had a medical.

I'm still that gunner mad that I am looking at visiting fort Niagara in 2013 (200 years after my old battery helped take the place).

Ibbo[/quote

When were you in 52 Ibbo?

89 - 92