On which form do I provide contact details for my referees?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Log, Jun 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Log


    Hi chaps,

    Regarding the paperwork sent by the AOSB Briefing Clerk;

    To save me from making a hash of one of these forms I've been sent by the AOSB, can someone tell me where exactly I am expected to provide the contact details for my referees? The Referee Consent form does not ask for anything further than a few boxes being ticked and a signature, and the AOSB CV has only a tiny space to write 'Employer's Name and Location' which I take to mean 'Company name, Town, Country' due to lack of space for anything useful.

    Or is there a form that comes later on in the process?

    There we go, failed the first test of joining as an Officer I'm sure.

  2. You get a form along with the CV you send off. It's called "AOSB Referee Consent Form". Drop them an email if you didn't get it and ask for it if you want - mine was definitely more detailed than ticking a few boxes. What I would do though is send away what you've been given, if they want more they'll ask for more. Your referees aren't contacted until after Briefing anyways so it shouldn't be a big deal.