On tour or get out policy

just been told that anyone not volunteering for ops be that recruit or snco will be told to leave. The only people excluded are NRPS. Has anyone else had this crack down. I find it funny watching the old war dodging folk sweat. However I dont know if this is due to the new review, how is one to be promted if he is told to do multiple tours or leave? Moreover if a person is not seen at the unit for 6 days the unit will start the process of discharge of said soldier. I wonder if this is just our unit policy or breaking in new terms early.

Have also seen a new DIN that states TA in a certain trade within the RLC you cannot get your Class 1 unless you have done a tour.
About time too!

Brilliant, about time too - an exodus of the fat and cowardly coming to a Tuesday night pub quiz near you. I can almost smell the B.O and bitterness from here.

What happens to those that want to deploy but cannot at the present time due to other commitments? Are they expected to leave until those circumstances change and then come back just to go on tour?

What happens to those that want to deploy but cannot at the present time due to other commitments? Are they expected to leave until those circumstances change and then come back just to go on tour?
They could be used as 'enablers'. Apparently that's ancient Greek for 'Shit scared tour dodger'.

About time. Can you get your unit to do a roadshow informing all the others? I'll even pay their MTDs and T&S.
FA, Ill contribute to that. Can imagine it now
Oh but I can't go cos work/wife won't let me drip drip.......i'm an enabler drip drip....... bollocks SNCO with no tours you have no experiance to enable anything apart from apathy and out of date drills. Fook off

FA, Ill contribute to that. Can imagine it now
Oh but I can't go cos work/wife won't let me drip drip.......i'm an enabler drip drip....... bollocks SNCO with no tours you have no experiance to enable anything apart from apathy and out of date drills. Fook off
Exactly. On that note does anyone know of a paper round going spare as Bravo_Bravo will now be unemployed.

Moreover if a person is not seen at the unit for 6 days the unit will start the process of discharge of said soldier. I wonder if this is just our unit policy or breaking in new terms early.
WAH.

Even the TA CoC have heard of holidays, illness and wives.

Oh, and "National TA". There'll be none of us left by the next planned evolution ...

I know what the answer to this is going to be but what is to happen to someone like me? I'm not 'enabler' because I've only just started phase 1 and yet I want to deploy. I can't deploy at the moment though because I'm about to read a degree but want to deploy upon completion and yet there is virtually no chance of me being able to take a year out for a tour. Am I to just be thrown out because the TA isn't willing to let me wait 3years?

Or like myself have deployed 3 times and have no interest or willingness to depoly again
I would say you have paid your due's for now. However if you deployed on 3 tours as a tom it don't give you much experiance as a SNCO. Also if you did 3 tom tours then by the time you got to SNCO perhaps you might wanna do another tour. I think the 1 in 5 rule is pretty good. The regular army have harmony guidlines as to how many tours you can go on in a space of time, I see the 1 in 5 rule as similar. If you have done 3 tours in say 6 years in the TA I would suggest that that is too much and your TA unit should have managed you a bit better.

op{ toss it off } sorry tosca will be a popular choice then ? at many a unit !!!!!!!!!!!!
That it is but it is in all fairness still deemed an Op tour by the MOD. An op tour if a Regular unit did it and so it should be if a TA unit deploys on it. If the Army/ MOD don't want it to count as an Op tour then the can not class it as such. Whilst I agree with the TA doing tours they can only do it by the parameters set by the Army

That it is but it is in all fairness still deemed an Op tour by the MOD. An op tour if a Regular unit did it and so it should be if a TA unit deploys on it. If the Army/ MOD don't want it to count as an Op tour then the can not class it as such. Whilst I agree with the TA doing tours they can only do it by the parameters set by the Army
one concept at its best ????????????????????????????????

Latest Threads