On this day in history...

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Glad_its_all_over, Jan 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...exactly 31 years ago, a much slimmer and somewhat less bald Glad_its_all_over formed up with the immortal Six Troop, 1 Squadron, 11 Signal Regiment at an Arctic Helles Barracks. Can't think where the time's gone.
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

you've got 11 years on me you old fart :D and I had the good fortune to be there in the summer so it was only mildy cold with persistant wet and intermitent gloom. Jeez if I had my time over again I sign up like a flash.
  3. Sprog! 3 Tp Jan 1973. Despite the dementia kicking in still have vauge memories of that time. Age has made the bad ones fade but still haunted by the snow or, on fine days, the rain. Was lucky and got sent up to 8 Sigs for BSS before pass out because of the timing of the course start date at Garats Hay. Did have to go back on the day of the pass out parade though and got truly gripped by the RSM for grot turnout! Got marched off to the barbers. Had only been away 2 weeks! At least I and G""""" H"""" didn't have to parade. We only went back for best recruit and best shot presentation in the Regimental Restaurant after the parade.
  4. Good grief! I suppose you would have been at home tuning to the zero beat while warming your pies "within" the D11 then? Or were you a Tech and fast asleep in the ERV?

31 years.... i think i may have heard of you! Weren't you in the 3rd Cohort, Second Legion? :lol:
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Was it all flags and mirrors back then whist you waited for young Marconi to get of his arrse and invent something? :D