On the Go (OTN) cables and adaptors for Android phones

Troy

LE
Does anyone have any experience of these OTN adaptors that they can tell us about?

I understand that you can plug in flash drives, mice, keyboards, webcams and such like, but are they any good? Also, with those that allow you to charge the phone at the same time as using a gadget. Are they effective?

Does anyone have any experience of these OTN adaptors that they can tell us about?

I understand that you can plug in flash drives, mice, keyboards, webcams and such like, but are they any good? Also, with those that allow you to charge the phone at the same time as using a gadget. Are they effective?
I use them a lot with SLR cameras and USB sticks. Just plug and play. Not sure about charging, but can't see why not.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

I use one of these to watch stuff on t'big 50" monitor at work
Screenshot_20191116-180918_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Never noticed if it charges from the telly

sunny james

Old-Salt

I have used one in the past to successfully watch movies on a tablet that were stored on a personal hard drive.
These days I just travel with phones and San Disk Dual Drives
They are OTG so don't need a separate cable.
Easy to transfer downloaded movies to dual drive then plug into TV USB to watch. Unfortunately many older TVs won't show media in MKV format so I have to convert to Mpeg files which are much bigger.
This trip I've brought a chromecast with me which is really good as it virtually turns the TV into a smart TV.
I can cast media direct from my phone or mirror the phones screen if needed. Really good with the YouTube app.
I bought a cheap endoscope a couple of years back (same as a USB camera) which doesn't need a OTG connector but plugs straight into the phone. Useful for peering into ears, mouths and other orifices.

Last edited:

Latest Threads