On The Frontline;Life With The Green Howards.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Jul 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Apologies if already done....

Tonight Mon July 19th 2010,2100hrs on BBC2.

"Following 'A' Coy,2 Bn the Yorkshire Reg in Sangin,Afghanstan"

2. Instead of the Paras/Marines etc who the media seem to have a hard on for. Not that I could do the job either of those mobs do. I know my limitations.

Tam

3. Will be watching this one !! does anyone know if there has or will be any "Docs" about any battalions of the Royal Regiment of Scotland ?? ... dont think ive ever seen or heard of one ...

4. "Scots at war" on the history channel today at 3, it's probably repeated sometime, it's a bit of a history lesson mixed in with recent action.

Thanks for the heads up spike.

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Intersting perspective useing the helmet cam,especially when the ANA,Mohammed,got blown up,showing the training kicking in not to mention the US Army Blackhawk Cas.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Following on from the programme,some of the soldiers from the battle group are talking about their time in Afghan on Newsnght,also on BBC2 at 2230Hrs.

7. They've trailed this quite a lot, including interviewing the RAMC medic who worked on Mohammed on the breakfast show and others. Very well done programme, especially as it focussed mainly on their own words.

8. did it name her? i couldnt see her face but it sounded like a young medic i know from herrick 6 and i met in tha later stages of 10 and if it is her she has a number of men who thank her for them being alive

9. This is public domain as they showed her name on the BBC when she was interviewed a few days ago. It's Cpl Sarah something, sorry can't remember her surname. I was on H6 too and I didn't recognise her from there, though it's possible she was there.

10. nope then, just another very talented medic from the looks of it

11. Afraid I missed the programme last night. Does anyone know if it is due to be repeated? I cannot view it on BBC iPlayer on account of being based in the RoI. Might a kind soul on here possibly download it?

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

13. I might get a lot of abuse for this post but I'll post it anyway,

"If every Battalion in the British army were like 2 YORKS we would have lost in Afghanistan years ago"

When Infantry Regs like Para Reg, Royals & even Rifles get contacted on the ground they proper get amongst & really smash the enemy, whereas 2 YORKS were happy to sit back never retaliate, to worried about taking casualties, not that casualties are a good thing but with every engagement there are risks and the howards were not willing to take those risks

3 PARA took no casualties in 08 but you can be damn sure we got stuck in, even though I hate Marines (banter) you gotta respect them for their constant willingness to patrol the ground, Rifles have come on leaps & bounds & in many eyes are on a level with Paras & Marines,

Yorkshire Reg doesnt even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as those other units.

Sorry if I offended anyone thats just my opinion

14. Well making statements like that I really hope you are a Para and managed a tour with them or your going to be ripped apart and rightly so.

15. I'll be sure and pass that on to the family of L/Cpl Graham 'Shoz' Shaw when i see them....they'll be so glad he was sat back doing nothing when his bottom half got separated from his top half!! Such a relief for them!