On the death of King George VI

My Mum has just sent me this; I don't know from what source but it amuses one:

Edward Jones said:
I was on National Service in the Royal Signals, Catterick, Yorkshire. I was a sergeant instructor on a training course for radio mechanics. The final course test was for the trainee mechanics to repair a defective radio. In preparation for the test we would put about eight defective pieces into the circuits of 15 radios. The trainees had a fixed time of two hours to identify the defects in their radio and make the necessary repairs. The proof of success was to tune into a BBC station. On the morning of the King's death nobody knew that BBC transmissions were suspended. So after three hours with no radios working, exasperated trainees and instructors went for lunch and then slowly realised what had happened.
Edward Jones, Brazil

TARE

Old-Salt
Brilliant.

Jimima_Shark said:
My Mum has just sent me this; I don't know from what source but it amuses one:

Edward Jones said:
I was on National Service in the Royal Signals, Catterick, Yorkshire. I was a sergeant instructor on a training course for radio mechanics. The final course test was for the trainee mechanics to repair a defective radio. In preparation for the test we would put about eight defective pieces into the circuits of 15 radios. The trainees had a fixed time of two hours to identify the defects in their radio and make the necessary repairs. The proof of success was to tune into a BBC station. On the morning of the King's death nobody knew that BBC transmissions were suspended. So after three hours with no radios working, exasperated trainees and instructors went for lunch and then slowly realised what had happened.
Edward Jones, Brazil
Sure beats "The ionosphere is to low"

Although i can imagine the conversation between the Troop OC and the young Siggie.

Lt - Sig Xyz why havn't you got comms in yet.

Siggie - It's because the king's dead sir.

Lt - Well you should have made sure he was bloody well charged up fully before you deployed shouldn't you.

I'd love to try it but it's a bit of a once in a lifetime excuse though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jarrod248 The NAAFI Bar 79
TheIronDuke The NAAFI Bar 62
BiscuitsAB The NAAFI Bar 10