On Ops everyday since 1942.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Schadenfreudefest, Sep 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for something interesting to post as a sensible thread I came across an MoD website where the unit concerned has been ‘deployed operational service’ EVERY DAY SINCE 1942!

Every day since 1942! Now that’s some unit history.

So who are these steely-eyed dealers of death and protectors of the Realm while it sleeps who have been on ops for nearly 70 years? Does the country need them and will they survive the cuts? Discuss.

2. Everyone loves the RAF Regt. I sleep better knowing they're in Afghanistan.

And nowhere near me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'd like to see the Rock Apes back that fact up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

You prob find they count stagging on at RAF Generic UK Location counts as Operational Service.

5. And the prize for the first correct answer as to the unit ID goes to Timble!

Yes folks, according to their official MoD website, the RAF Regiment has been deployed on operational service EVERY day since being formed since 1942: The RAF Regiment - RAF Regiment Homepage

Now someone has to guard the EFI and those barriers won't raise themselves, but on ops EVERY day since 1942?

That's more of a joke than being part of the 'Big Four'.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Have they stolen this claim from the ever present Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers? :)

7. Maybe they can keep their blue polyester trousers and JWHs when the become 'security guards' having been elite paratroopers.

Trading Standards need to grip the copywriter who penned ths crap.

8. .........and that my friends is why Im a member on ARRSE. What started out as an absolute **** of a day, has just completely turned around after reading that! You couldnt make it up! ;o)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

You mean to tell me that the Pebble Monkeys have been even busier than T (Shah Shuja's Troop) Battery RA, who share the distinction with THEM of being deployed to every conflict since the end of WWII? (Well that's what they claim any way).

• Like Like x 1
  11. The RAF Regiment are as a whole and collectivly with out doubt the biggest bunch of walting cnuts going.

So the collective noun for a group of Walts is "The RAF Regiment." With a sub genre for walty, walt, walt, walts known as: "2 Squadron."

12. Well take the initiative & prove that it is indeed an incorrect statement. I will sit back & wait in eager anticipation for the result. Here is your starter for 10 formed on the 1st of February 1942
    WW2
    Over to you chaps, & remember that some of my comrades paid the ultimate price from that time until the present, & many others are living with the life changing experience associated with wounds received in wars & conflicts.

Talos