On JSF cost and economic effects

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Michiel, Aug 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I`m not english nor military so it could just be that I`m completely in the wrong forum. However arrse is where google brought me. If I`m wrong, please give me some link of where I should be.

I am writing an university paper on the costs and beneftis for the Netherlands on joining the JSF development. In the Netherlands we have several government agencies as well as the airforce that have their reports available for download. As the UK is also a partner I would like to compare Dutch with Britich reports on the cost and benefit of the JSF manefacturing and development.

Sadly, I `m having a hard time finding any. Searching for the right institiution in other countries is difficult or are those rapports not public in the UK?
    I did look at the RAF site but found nothing. The site of treasury only gave me a small hint in :

Does anyone know which websites will have the information?

Thank you
  2. There are several threads on Pprune about JSF and why the UK should/shouldn't buy it.

Also, the National Audit Office is most likely to be the source of any figures of the source that you're after - http://www.nao.org.uk/

I believe that RAND have done a report on this subject as well, and it is, IIRC, available online.

Finally, if you're not already cognisant of the fact, you need to be aware that the JSF is referred to as the JCA (Joint Combat Aircraft) by the MoD, so you may need to search for that term as well in official UK documentation (for instance, there are twelve hits on 'Joint Combat Aircraft.' in a quick search of the NAO site).
  3. Thank you, the RAND report is exactly the stuff I`m looking for. In Holland we have a simular report by the CPB of which a 3 page summary is online in english http://www.cpb.nl/eng/pub/cpbreeksen/cpbreport/2002_1/s3_1.html

JCA, that is a really great advice. I did not know that. We use JSF or F-35.

Thank you for the advice. I anyone knows more I`ll be greatefull.
  4. Thank you for the help and links.