On Duty

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Driverman11, Sep 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am on duty at my parent station soon, on 10mins NTM. Does anyone know the rules on food? I am forced to eat at the canteen on camp , can i claim this back? Or what are the rules on eating out? we are PAYD

2. What the **** has happened to the Army?!? Back in my day you just got on with it. Sucked it up.

All I see on ARRSE nowadays is "how can I claim for this?", and "what am I entitled to?"

WTF is going on?!?!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Have to say I agree with you smudge - perhaps it's just indicative of the UK as a whole, not the individual per se.

4. Off on a slight tangent, but I recall, with great affection, being "Crashed Out" (during the Great Cold War Conflict '49-'90) around 0300-0400 a number of times during the late '70s and early '80s, a component of which was the "Last Supper" and, should the cunningly disguised exercise run on a bit, further lunches in the cookhouse. These were, shall we say, well attended by our Pad comrades, and it was always amusing to see said Pads gobbling their way through probably a week's worth of (free) catering in the space of a few short hours. By **** they could eat, when it was gratis.

5. As the others have said, the clue is in the PAY AS YOU DINE.

Suck it up, or starve.

6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Is forced feeding legal?

7. Him........

8. No you can't claim.

And you can't claim for the big carton of "Man Up" that you really should think about purchasing.

• Like Like x 3
  9. You eat you pay you do not eat you do not pay it's not rocket science is it?

10. Driverman is being forced to eat in the canteen. Apparently nowadays, they're not called cookhouses or Regimental Restaurants - Canteen is the new "in" word with the kids.

11. If you're on 10 minute's NTM surely you can see how eating out is just plain stupid? You gonk.

12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Diference was mate that was free
    Now hat people are asked to chip a couple of quid towards the back breaking loads they've stacked on their plate it's all change.

What happened to Army Isuue Bag Scav scoff exercise x 1
    "Upon opening the bag scav you will find he following issued foods"
    Roll Sausage (stale) x 1
    Kat Kit x2 finger (Melted) x 1
    Crisps (Cheap) x 1 sweaty bag
    Pops Panda (Hot)

Bags Scav wil be delivered using the following method

Landrover arrives food shoved off Landrover leaves

Whe Iraqi's wont eat it you know your fucked

• Like Like x 2
  13. Totally agree. A similar tale with Soldier magazine letter pages. Squaddies have always been moaning bastards (guilty as charged), but some of the modern crop take it to a whole new level. Depressing.

14. The kids are ruined nowadays. No wonder they're all soft.