On Duty

I am on duty at my parent station soon, on 10mins NTM. Does anyone know the rules on food? I am forced to eat at the canteen on camp , can i claim this back? Or what are the rules on eating out? we are PAYD

What the **** has happened to the Army?!? Back in my day you just got on with it. Sucked it up.

All I see on ARRSE nowadays is "how can I claim for this?", and "what am I entitled to?"

WTF is going on?!?!

Off on a slight tangent, but I recall, with great affection, being "Crashed Out" (during the Great Cold War Conflict '49-'90) around 0300-0400 a number of times during the late '70s and early '80s, a component of which was the "Last Supper" and, should the cunningly disguised exercise run on a bit, further lunches in the cookhouse. These were, shall we say, well attended by our Pad comrades, and it was always amusing to see said Pads gobbling their way through probably a week's worth of (free) catering in the space of a few short hours. By **** they could eat, when it was gratis.

I am on duty at my parent station soon, on 10mins NTM. Does anyone know the rules on food? I am forced to eat at the canteen on camp , can i claim this back? Or what are the rules on eating out? we are PAYD
As the others have said, the clue is in the PAY AS YOU DINE.

Suck it up, or starve.

No you can't claim.

And you can't claim for the big carton of "Man Up" that you really should think about purchasing.

There is a difference between being force-fed and being expected to eat at the cookhouse. This is the problem we have when people don't read anything more challenging than the Daily Mail; they are unable to understand subtle nuances within sentences and substitute the writers intent into what they wanted the writer to say, in order to glean maximum faux-outrage.

So I ask again, who is being force-fed?
Driverman is being forced to eat in the canteen. Apparently nowadays, they're not called cookhouses or Regimental Restaurants - Canteen is the new "in" word with the kids.

If you're on 10 minute's NTM surely you can see how eating out is just plain stupid? You gonk.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Off on a slight tangent, but I recall, with great affection, being "Crashed Out" (during the Great Cold War Conflict '49-'90) around 0300-0400 a number of times during the late '70s and early '80s, a component of which was the "Last Supper" and, should the cunningly disguised exercise run on a bit, further lunches in the cookhouse. These were, shall we say, well attended by our Pad comrades, and it was always amusing to see said Pads gobbling their way through probably a week's worth of (free) catering in the space of a few short hours. By **** they could eat, when it was gratis.
Diference was mate that was free
Now hat people are asked to chip a couple of quid towards the back breaking loads they've stacked on their plate it's all change.

What happened to Army Isuue Bag Scav scoff exercise x 1
"Upon opening the bag scav you will find he following issued foods"
Roll Sausage (stale) x 1
Kat Kit x2 finger (Melted) x 1
Crisps (Cheap) x 1 sweaty bag
Pops Panda (Hot)

Bags Scav wil be delivered using the following method

Landrover arrives food shoved off Landrover leaves

Whe Iraqi's wont eat it you know your fucked

What the **** has happened to the Army?!? Back in my day you just got on with it. Sucked it up.

All I see on ARRSE nowadays is "how can I claim for this?", and "what am I entitled to?"

WTF is going on?!?!
Totally agree. A similar tale with Soldier magazine letter pages. Squaddies have always been moaning bastards (guilty as charged), but some of the modern crop take it to a whole new level. Depressing.

Now hat people are asked to chip a couple of quid towards the back breaking loads they've stacked on their plate it's all change.

Roll Sausage (stale) x 1
Pops Panda (Hot)

The kids are ruined nowadays. No wonder they're all soft.

Difference was mate that was free
Now that people are asked to chip a couple of quid towards the back breaking loads they've stacked on their plate it's all change.

Roll Sausage (stale) x 1
Pops Panda (Hot)

You missed out cofftea in a Norgy that last had range stew in it.

Roll Sausage (stale) x 1
Pops Panda (Hot)

Memories! And when some nutter was injecting mercury into Mars bars a few years ago, we got Mars bars instead of Kit Kats.

I expected better from you Sluggy. Being forced to take his meals in the cookhouse is not the same as being force-fed.
Forced is somewhat idiomatic; constrained would be perhaps more apposite in this case. Regardless, neither requires the insertion of a nasogastric tube, and the corresponding discomfort such brings about. I suppose the choice hangs upon how attached to your money you are. I prefer my blow-outs to be on a plate rather than in a syringe.

Forced is somewhat idiomatic; constrained would be perhaps more apposite in this case. Regardless, neither requires the insertion of a nasogastric tube, and the corresponding discomfort such brings about. I suppose the choice hangs upon how attached to your money you are. I prefer my blow-outs to be on a plate rather than in a syringe.
Bugger! What a pity.

Memories! And when some nutter was injecting mercury into Mars bars a few years ago, we got Mars bars instead of Kit Kats.
Kit Kats and Mars Bars - sheer luxury.

We got Blue Ribands, some Bensons crisps, a frozen Chicken & Mushroom pie, a scabby orange and the inevitable Panda Pop.

I still don't understand how even on the hottest day in the world ever ever ever how the "pastry item" could still be frozen.

They get baguettes nowadays. Eeee, they just don't know they're born do they?