On Duty, during Easter stand Down

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by indoubitabley, Apr 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who else is on duty, wasting time, while everyone else is on leave???

I am, and its boring the shit out out of me.

2. Join the club. Thank God for Arrse....

3. Easter leave?
    Have I missed something?

4. It's Easter Friday here - nearly anyway I'm on a desert island - it's pissing down and I'm on the dry!
    Great.

5. I've just noticed I have a forth medal, well worth doing duty post collecter!

6. Yep - does the clock move faster if you stare at it?

7. I've only been doing that for 3 days, I need more time to give you a proper answer!!

8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Been doing it for 2 years. Still not sure it works. In fact, clock seems to go backwards whenever there is a traffic report on radio, and some smug prat tells me that ques at airports are expected and roads to coasts will be busy. And I'm still working and staring.

9. Many, many congratulations.

10. I've probably had it since November, I only pay attention when it's kicking off (My medals don't tend to kick off that often).

11. No Easter standown for me either. We get the 2 bank holidays and think ourselves lucky.

12. 2 bank holidays!!!

In my day, there was no such thing as a bank holiday, and on our days off, not that we had any, our father used to beat us around the head with a comically oversized mallet, and we were gratefull for it.

13. Guys,

Dont get a sad on - just get a mag on and stag on.

Obviously I am standing down for a week at COP today.

14. I hope you die a slow and painful death.

15. I will be trying my best this weekend by drinking and smoking as much as possible.