On Christmas Day I Saw...............

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by JoeCivvie, Dec 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anything interesting or unusual?

I took the hounds for a pre-Christmas Day lunch walk and saw a 4 m Burmese Python in the catchwater gulley next to me. (We live in the New Territories, Hong Kong, about a mile from the old Perowne Barracks).

I was surprised, as it was only 17-18C. It was pretty torpid - in contrast to me, who moved pretty quickly back the way I came.
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Somebody said there was a big fat guy in a red suit flying about, but I missed it. Sorry.
  3. A Purlpe haze ! :giggle:
  4. I saw my arse after breaking a tooth............. emergency dentist this afternoon
  5. my clampit relatives turn up, eat, drink, annoy and leave. their main topic of conversation was the current stories on corrie and enders...i went to DEFCON 5 when they talked (loudly) throughout Madge's Dit, and had to count to ten when they made the observation that we shouldn't be in the stan...blah...although i did get several good gusset shots of a younger female (non blood) relative...very festively attired too!
  6. My daughter, rabid with frenzy due to her (admittedly rather severe) chicken pox, and high as a kite on chocolate and other assorted fizzies. One can of Relentless would no doubt have finished it off as a spectacle to rival Guy Fawkes. :D
  7. About 11 Ribs, plenty shiskebabs, pork and Missisipi Mudpie... God I love braais :)
  8. With shiva sauce and mealie pap? Monkeygland sauce?
  9. The inside of the same minging sh1t-hole tent I've been looking at for the last 140 odd days ..

10. I saw huge quantities of Champagne. :party:
  11. Monkeygland marinade on the ribs, sweet n sour on the Sosaties, fcuk knows what on the pork...
    god it was good,

And tommorow we having an even bigger family braai, XD

God being a Saffa is the biz
  12. ...my dads elderly next door neighbour nearly have a heart attack, when my 19yo sister decided to run round the house showing off in her designer underwear. He popped his head in the front door to wish us all the best and his eyes nearly popped out of his head.
  13. A UFO...which apparently no longer stands for 'Unidentified Flying Object' but instead 'space ship full of aliens'..... God bless the media :roll:

I'm told it was a Chinese Lantern, which I still find odd as it's not a Chinese festival unless I've missed something?
  14. If they are paper lanterns that fly in the sky and eventually burst into flames I think they are Thai (at least that's where I've seen them).

They are used at festivals, but you cna also buy them on the beach in Phuket.
  15. Bit far to go from the Midlands mate! :D