On a different note

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Adam(KOS), Sep 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On a different note, something to gladden your heart. Letter in today's Telegraph.

"The son of friends of ours, recently home from Afghanistan to attend the funeral of a fellow soldier was returning by train to Oxford when he was approached by the guard."

The guard checked his warrant and requested that the soldier follow him. On asking for the reason, the guard replied; "Sir, on my train you travel first class." :D

Sorry I don't have a link.

2. Spot on!

3. Adam(KOS) - how do you expect the outrage bus to get a head of steam, if you keep posting this type of good news story?!

Well done that guard.

4. I see what you did there - well done that spotter.

5. Subtle eh!

It would have to be a Telegraph Letter though - "Guard" - think the RMT might point out, that there are not many of them around anymore. Average Telegraph reader probably thinks that a train manager, is someone out of Thomas the Tank Engine.

6. I don't care. I'm a wimp. It threw some dust in my eye.

7. Linky HERE Mate. thanks for the story. Link contains other letters to the Ed. like this one...

8. Well done that Guard!

Which Rail Co please and let's have the address and E Mail of the MD so we can all send our congrats to a firm that has employees that knows what's what.

9. I've had a bit of a shyt week but this story has just made me smile from ear to ear, get that man a pint and send the bill to me!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)

10. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Read that over breakfast ... there is life in the Old Country. :D

No doubt the Thought Police will now be busy trying to find the Guard/Passenger Services Officer/Clippie to arrange his dismissal ...

11. If that happened may the power of ARRSE be apon them :evil:

12. dam good news

13. Seconded.

14. Would guess First Great Western as the TOC involved through Oxford.

15. bloody good show, well done that guard