omega seamaster - where from?

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Can anyone help identify this logo from the back of a 60s omega seamaster (the pyramid thing, not the seamonster)

Attachments

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Can anyone help identify this logo from the back of a 60s omega seamaster (the pyramid thing, not the seamonster)

Looks like a varient of the Afghan Airforce Roundel, of which there are several: Afghan National Army Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the two letters each side of the pyramid being "alif", whilst the lower letter under the base f the pyramid looks like a simplified "ha". I am most likely very wrong.

Have you tried the Omega Vintage Watch Database? Ω OMEGA Vintage Watches Information

edited to add: I had thought it might be a Fraternity Emblem; Delta Sigma Phi have an emblem of a pyramid enclosed by a circle, but there is no fraternity that I know of that called Iota Zeta Iota

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Cheers Rampant,
I had guessed it might be Afghan as the pyramid in a circle bit looked familiar. I am confused by the lettering though, as I don't recognise the 'backwards Z' from any of the pictures and I can't see it in any alphabet I know.

I did contact Omega some weeks ago when I bought the watch, but they haven't responded yet.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That's what's puzzling me, I gave up searching for roundels and pyramid designs and am now patiently scrawling through various alphabetic and numerical scripts and so far nobody appears to have used the reverse Z as a symbol ever!

How and where did you contact the manufacturer?

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yup, still waiting for an answer from them

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Haven't, will do - thanks