omega seamaster - where from?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by napier, Sep 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Can anyone help identify this logo from the back of a 60s omega seamaster (the pyramid thing, not the seamonster)

Attached Files:

2. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Looks like a varient of the Afghan Airforce Roundel, of which there are several: Afghan National Army Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the two letters each side of the pyramid being "alif", whilst the lower letter under the base f the pyramid looks like a simplified "ha". I am most likely very wrong.

Have you tried the Omega Vintage Watch Database? Ω OMEGA Vintage Watches Information

edited to add: I had thought it might be a Fraternity Emblem; Delta Sigma Phi have an emblem of a pyramid enclosed by a circle, but there is no fraternity that I know of that called Iota Zeta Iota

3. napier

Cheers Rampant,
    I had guessed it might be Afghan as the pyramid in a circle bit looked familiar. I am confused by the lettering though, as I don't recognise the 'backwards Z' from any of the pictures and I can't see it in any alphabet I know.

I did contact Omega some weeks ago when I bought the watch, but they haven't responded yet.

4. rampant

That's what's puzzling me, I gave up searching for roundels and pyramid designs and am now patiently scrawling through various alphabetic and numerical scripts and so far nobody appears to have used the reverse Z as a symbol ever!

5. Utterly wrong post.

6. How and where did you contact the manufacturer?

7. rampant

8. napier

Yup, still waiting for an answer from them

9. napier

Haven't, will do - thanks