Omagh bomb: Murder case against Seamus Daly collapses

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
Mobile phone tracking ?
Could be anything, apparently those involved are known. I just hope it's transparent and politicians let the evidence speak, instead of being perpetually outraged.

My first tour was there, never been back which is a shame as my mother is from Londonderry.

Could be anything, apparently those involved are known. I just hope it's transparent and politicians let the evidence speak, instead of being perpetually outraged.

My first tour was there, never been back which is a shame as my mother is from Londonderry.

which is what the victims and their families are asking for

It will not happen as one side will be outraged and see as having a anti republican narrative.

From whom ?

their political wing is 32CSM and they have minimal support

they are fundamentally opposed to mainstream Republicanism (PIRA and SF) who they view as sell outs

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
From whom ?

their political wing is 32CSM and they have minimal support

they are fundamentally opposed to mainstream Republicanism (PIRA and SF) who they view as sell outs
Yet those in SF know who committed this, republicans are after one thing. It also appears to be one rule for the republicans and one rule for everyone else.

Yet those in SF know who committed this, republicans are after one thing. It also appears to be one rule for the republicans and one rule for everyone else.
The PSNI, Garda and other security services all know who did it… proving beyond a shadow of doubt it is a different matter

As has always been the case. Knowing who did it and proving it in a court of law are two different things.
If certain intelligence was known and gathered at the time, it may well have been sensetive and compromised certain individuals (nothing new there) Also the techniques used to gather such intelligence may still be current today, so the security services may be a little reluctant to divulge the sources.
In the murky world of intelligence gathering and touts all bets are off. As distateful as it may seem to some the bigger picture and more often interdepartmental politics sometimes means certain agencies do not tell everyone the full story and mistakes are made and leads are not followed up.

As has always been the case. Knowing who did it and proving it in a court of law are two different things.
If certain intelligence was known and gathered at the time, it may well have been sensetive and compromised certain individuals (nothing new there) Also the techniques used to gather such intelligence may still be current today, so the security services may be a little reluctant to divulge the sources.
In the murky world of intelligence gathering and touts all bets are off. As distateful as it may seem to some the bigger picture and more often interdepartmental politics sometimes means certain agencies do not tell everyone the full story and mistakes are made and leads are not followed up.

Amazon product
David Rupert is the man who the FBI recruited, was ran by MI5, infiltrated the RIRA and gave evidence again Michael McKevitt for directing terrorism (in the Republic) as the head of the RIRA.

gives an insight to what I’m sure is an uncommon way of Int gathering

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
All agreed, what is interesting though is both governments are being told to hold inquiries.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
The PSNI, Garda and other security services all know who did it… proving beyond a shadow of doubt it is a different matter
They probably can, but It may compromise intelligence assets.

What I can’t get my head around though is the massive amount of outrage over historical incidents involving the security services, RUC and Military, while the same republicans remain silent on the thousands of atrocities committed by there affiliated terrorists groups?

Can someone educate me why people vote for them, whilst they know where all the “missing“ bodies are?

What I can’t get my head around though is the massive amount of outrage over historical incidents involving the security services, RUC and Military, while the same republicans remain silent on the thousands of atrocities committed by there affiliated terrorists groups?

Can someone educate me why people vote for them, whilst they know where all the “missing“ bodies are?
2 wrongs don’t make a right I suppose

good question

they don’t vote for the RIRA’s political representatives, 32CSM, they can’t ….. they don’t contest elections (as they don’t recognise U.K. in NI, Stormont or Irish Government).

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
they don’t vote for the RIRA’s political representatives, 32CSM, they can’t ….. they don’t contest elections (as they don’t recognise U.K. in NI, Stormont or Irish Government).
There’s a normalisat join in the media, that terrorists stopped, got a deal, yet SF continue to persue government alleged crimes while ignoring their own history and ability to give many families peace.

As a side note do you want a unified Ireland?

They contest Local Elections. Gary Donnelly has been on Derry and Strabane Council since 2014.

There’s a normalisat join in the media, that terrorists stopped, got a deal, yet SF continue to persue government alleged crimes while ignoring their own history and ability to give many families peace.

As a side note do you want a unified Ireland?

the U.K. proposed legislation on legacy issues also effecting them

personally… time will only be right when both sides in NI can live in tolerance and work together. Heart would like to see it some stage after that…. Head it’s bad enough they are part of the island

Latest Threads