Olympics VS Redundancy1

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by cupra!, Jul 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this is in the wrong section, i am an arrse crow! I applied for redundancy and was successful. I was told that once i had completed my ctw and ctw career interview that my ressettlement would be in force and i would be able to complete my career path courses. However, my battalion has been crashed out for the Olympic security cluster and I have been informed that i will more than likely be going and have to cancel courses even though they told me to hand my kit in 2 weeks ago. I just want to know where i stand with this as i have exactly 5 months now to complete 5 relevant courses , buy a house moving from south to north, my wife is having a baby next month and try to secure employment. Any info members could provide would be great, but i dont need to be told to wind my neck thanks.

2. Hand your kit in and then tell 'em to stuff it.

What are they going to do? Fire you :)

3. Stick to your guns. It's all about you and your future.

Tell them to poke it.

4. Yep tell em to poke it. Can only stop resettlement for exceptional circumstances; G4S not getting their shit in one sock, I would suggest, is not exceptional enough. Kick and scream as it doesn't matter who you upset as in 5 months and 1 day they won't remember who you are!!!