Olympics in One Word

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by guzzijon, Aug 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lord Coe has suggested that these Olympics could be summed up by one word: Joyous.
    I'd veer towards something more like 'Bloodyhellhowdidwedothat' but that would be cheating so have settled for 'Amazing'.
    Just wondered if anyone could think of a more appropriate label?

2. Awesome

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

The young would perhaps say 'Mega', Mary Poppins might say 'Supercallifragilisticexpialidocious', but I think 'Excellent' or 'Superb' sums it up, providing you're only talking about the sport, not the corporate shysters, for whom there is no polite word :)

4. Unaffordable.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Surprising

6. "Why?", since "what was the point?" would be more than one word.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That word would be poontang

Womens beach volley ball, girlies on the track and so on...the whole things been a miasma of lycra clad minge.

• Like Like x 5
  8. ........................................................Awesome is a word used by the Americans (who haven't a clue as to it's meaning) & Bart Simpson, & it is now being used by the British Untermensch!

Awesome......Bollocks!

'Fantabulous'

• Like Like x 1
  9. Excellent,what would Aussies suggest in one word?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Expensive

• Like Like x 2
  11. Incredible

12. I have to agree with twothreeuptwothreedown with Fantabulous.

I really enjoy watching the games, makes me wish I'd taken athletics a bit more seriously when I was at school.

13. Amazing.

Purely because the entire country whined like **** about the Olympics. They happened exactly as expected. Yet now people are lining up around the block to swallow Seb Coe's rancid spunk. Including half the members of this site.

It's amazing how many people are incapable of thinking for themselves, and instead spout popular opinion as their own.

14. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Cameltoe?

• Like Like x 1
  15. At least you have maintained a consistent stance about the whole event. Quite a lot of generalising in your post though.

My word to describe the Olympics is inspirational.