Olympics Escape Routes

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by shagnasty, May 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apart from being posted to Afghanistan has anyone devised a UK based Olympics escape route? Personally in late July I'm off panning for gold in Jockenese Land. Apparently one can find gold....simply move several tons of gravel by hand and one could uncover an ounce of gold. Easy. Arms like Popeye with a tan. Any other escape routes for suggestion that will get a sane human being away from the Olympics gobment fest? (Yes I know we've paid for it ...but we don't have to watch it.)

2. Got your mosquito nets yet?

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

You killjoy. I'm fully intending to stay and enjoy the Olympics. I shall wander round London in a suit, looking like a middle-aged, middle class, respectable man, protesting against the whole money-grabbing greedfest buy small, petty acts of civil disobedience - misdirecting tourists onto trains to Stratford on Avon (get off at Warwick, it's only a short walk), putting caltrops on the Zil lanes, pushing people under trains on the eastbound Jubilee. That sort of thing. Should be fun.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yep....left over from son number one's gap year.

5. Im really looking forward to spending from next week to sept 15th stuck there and having my days off cancelled for less money to work at a total white elephant.

6. Sorry but being in Afghan will not work unless you are no were near a tv same as any other country that has BFBS, all they will show is the Olympics.

7. Would that be Kildonan or thereabouts, in Sutherland?

8. The Olympics: a corporate festival for sponsors who want to impress their clients by inviting them to see a bunch of junkies running around in circles or throwing things about - all under the watchful gaze of Mittal's Leaning Tower of Shit.

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Ah, here I can help. Hook out of Inverness heading north. Just before the bridge over to the Black Isle slew a left on the roundabout completely ignoring the ignorant locals who toot their horn at their betters. You will see an industrial estate on your left. Find Highland Industrial Supplies They sell body-suit Mosca proof clothing. And tractors, sweet hay and peanuts for the birds.

I feel my Olympic experience will be up there. Slightly to the west.