Olympics - equal opportunities?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Litotes, Feb 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ms Tessa Jowell is proposing that all Olympic sports should be open to any gender.

That means that women would be able to box and wrestle, and men could perform synchronised swimming....

Anyone for all-over waxing, waterproof mascara and a fixed smile?

2. [​IMG]

maybe :?: :?: :?: :?:
  3. I'll look forward to the female wrestling then....will it be in mud and topless?? :p
  4. jello :?: :?: :?: :?:

5. The country is in the shite, the Olympic budget is roaring away out of control and all Tessa Jowell is concerned about is 'diversity and feminism' matters. How did this bunch of man hating feminist incompetants ever get elected? Reminds me of the film 'Downfall'.
  6. Women can already compete against men, where the sports Global body say they can.

Currently for the Olympics this is only in eventing, and other horsey events.

As for the other events, women would not qualify for the Olympics as they are not physically (on the whole) as strong, quick, tall, heavy, or many other things as men.

This is called reality and it's about time at least one government minister worked in the real world!!

All the children can't be winners at sports day, as it's a cruel, cruel world out there.
  7. No more medals for women then???
  8. Now why didn't I think of that???? I've met enough of the poseurs over the years!

9. I bet that photograph didn't come from any food website, Knocker?

10. many of us on this website would have no problem with consuming the jello. would we. :?: :wink: :?: :wink:
  11. Until 1980, the rifle events were mixed (Silver in 1976 went to Margaret Murdock); the skeet events were mixed until 1992 (Zhang Shan won gold).

The events were separated to encourage participation; it's worked, in the sense that the top women are every bit as good as the top blokes, although the events have been made deliberately different (e.g. 3x40 shots for blokes, 3x20 for women in the three-position rifle event).

(For those two events, the world records are 1186 and 594 respectively...)
  12. Can one, er, consume the Jello whilst the, cough, Games are in progress or must one wait for the end? As a gentleman, I wouldn't want to disturb ladies who are otherwise occupied....

13. Can't wait until pissing round corners is an olympic event.
  14. I really don't think she/he/it has thought this through.
    Synchronised swimming for men and boxing for women etc is fine however:
    Women wrestling (hmmmmm)
    Men doing the gymnastic dance and ball, wavy flume stuff.
    But the thing that really intrigues me is that if she wants total equality then it will have to be transferred to the para-olympics as a mirror image and i can not wait for the wrestling and boxing events. :twisted: