Olympic Saltire ban

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fang_Farrier, May 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2. I think National flags are allowed but not provincial ones :wink:
    • Like Like x 10
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

That will be the Cross of St George flag banned as well then :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Need new specs. I thought the thread was titled "Olympic Satire Ban".

On second thoughts, I was right. and my eyes are just fine 'n' dandy.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yes and you may notice the lack of bleating on about how this is "dissing" anyone.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Flags and emblems eh? You'd have thought the powers that be would have learnt from the years of toadying nonsense that we've manged to generate over this in Norn Iron. Looks like becoming one of our finest exports, along with craic.
  7. Surely the Union flag represents all of our great nation!
    The porridge wogs seem afflicted by the same lack of humour the sheep shaggers have suffered from for the last 300 years :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. It will be on display everywhere, as an integral part of the flag of GBNI. However that may change in a couple of years...... The remnant (red on white asterisk) will be kinda boring IMHO.
  9. As a scot, born in Scotland of Scottish and Irish parents and raised in England since the age of 8, I cant see why the flags of each of the nations that make up the Union cannot be flown at venues as appropriate in addition to the Union Flag.

LOC need to sort this and quick, issues like this should have been resolved ages ago.

IOC saying its not on is NOT acceptable.
  10. What are you dribbling on about you norvern monkey.
  11. No no, the Union Flag doesn't have the yellow of the Province of Ulster on it. Don't start me - I can bore you for hours on this - it's on the radio every bloody day now that the cultural fest that is the marching, oops, parading season is upon us.
  12. I thought it was the "London Olympics"?

Why are they sending people into Scotland in the first place?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Pictish piskies getting uppity about something and fuck all, just like the fecking sheep sleepers do!
    Was it to difficult to grasp? You soft southern shandy drinking nancy!
  14. On reflection, maybe Olympic satire ban would have been a better thread!