Olympic road madness!

'defending Olympic silver medallist..'

Really? I thought only winners defended a title not first losers!!!

Thank **** that I am out of the country from the start till the end! Forget the Olympics, London transport can barely cope even during the least busy periods.

What are the chances that the MPs think 'what a wonderful idea', and keep the lanes for themselves after the Olympics?

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
I believe the best way is to make your own. 2 or 3 nails in a clay ball, baked in the oven. That way the whole thing breaks up on strike and all they find is a nail in their tyre. Apparently

ugly

LE
I believe the best way is to make your own. 2 or 3 nails in a clay ball, baked in the oven. That way the whole thing breaks up on strike and all they find is a nail in their tyre. Apparently
Apparently the tour de france recently enjoyed similar attention using tacks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I listened to LBC on the way into work this morning at 8. They had a reporter watching the Olympic lane from 5 when it opened. She said she'd not seen any vehicles use it in the first 3 hours...

Methinks the Olympic officials are getting too self-important....

Wordsmith

I don't understand the M4 lane - as there is a weight limit of 7.5 tons on the elevated section, LOCOG/TfL cant take coaches over it,
so the Heathrow Express would be better for anymore than a mini-bus load.

Not very green, IMHO; which is what LOCOG are trying to push.

RRR

It,ll all end in tears, mark my words you,ll see.

A30 Egham bypass. Olympic Lane about 800 meters long. Operates 06:00-16:00 to facillitate Olympians from Royal Holloway College to Dorney Water centre near WIndsor.
1. Its not the quickest way there.
2. It is the only "Olympic Lane" on the entire journey.
3. Traffic is backed up like crazy.

Who plans these things 'cos it would have worked just as well without it as all the rest of the journey is on normal two lane roads and this is the only dual lane bit.

Who plans these things 'cos it would have worked just as well without it as all the rest of the journey is on normal two lane roads and this is the only dual lane bit.
Did I dream it or were we told he have to have the Zil Lanes whether local road conditions meant they were justified or not?

Anyway, what sticks in the craw is who is allowed to use them. I can see why the courtesy is extended to heads of state, athletes should be allowed to travel without let or hindrance, but employees of corporate sponsors?

Would probably help if the Bus Drivers were local rather than occupants of countries to the east of Dover.

Hope this multi billion quid roadshow is going to be good as they have been telling us it's going to be. Personally I can't get myself all excited and will be glad when it's over, as will most of the poor ******* that have been jiffed to bolster G4S's half arsed effort.

I wonder why any country would want to let themselves be ripped off by the likes of OIC, FIFA and Formula 1.
Back during the 2006 football worldcup, FIFA demanded that within a radius of 1000 metres around their events only the beer brewed by their sponsors should be sold.
Now in Berlin this caused an outcry:
1) The officially FIFA approved beer company was Anheuser-Busch with their barely drinkable Budweiser (the American one, not the Czech original), and that in Germany with it´s thousands of beer brands.

and

2) At almost every streetcorner in Berlin there is at least one pub. This rule would have meant that for the duration of the event ALL pubs within 1000 metres radius would have to close or at least remove all advertisement of their regular breweries.