Olympic Park day pass

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FatBoyGeorge, Aug 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon guys and girls, sorry if this has been done before. I have had a quick look but haven't got much time on my hands as I'm working offshore at the minute.

I'm hoping to get back onshore in the next couple of days and want to make it down the the Olympic Park to soak up the atmosphere after failing to get any event tickets. Of course the day passes have been unavailable on the official site for days, but I've read on other forums that they are available on the door. Seen as the Army seem to be running the security now, I'm hoping there is someone on here who can confirm if this is true and what the availability is.

Many thanks.

2. If you have Internet access, you should continue to log into the official Olympic site, as tickets are still appearing randomly on the site in the evening - you need to have the luck of the Irish (and deep pockets) to bag some though! To have any chance, you need to create a site log in account, which is easy enough. As I understand it, if you just turn up at the Olympic Park without any event tickets, you are turned away, but I am happy to be corrected on that one.
    Your best bet to savour the Olympic experience now is to bag some tickets for the Paralympics, which are still available in good quantities and at reasonable cost. Good Luck.
  3. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

So you can go to an event at say earls court, and then afterwards make your way to the olympic site and still get access in for the day?
  4. I believe access to the Olympic Park is only achievable if you have an event ticket for inside the Park, such as Swimming, Track Cycling, Athletics, Hockey etc. Again, happy to be corrected if this is not the case.
  5. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Awh that makes sense as we have tickets for earls court and nothing is mentioned in the pack or on the ticket to say you can get to the olympic park too
  6. I understood that general admission tickets were available for entrance to the park without having an event ticket. Has been mentioned a couple of times on the BBC coverage.
  7. If you have a run ashore coming up, you have nothing to lose by heading off to the Olympic Park and trying your luck. I'm just not sure that is how it works, as the media on the radio have been remarking all week that there is no point in just rocking up without a ticket. This was being stressed when there was a big flap on about rows of empty seats.
  8. According to the website, all GA tickets have been sold out for the duration of the Games, I tried to get some the other day.