Olympic Middleweight Boxing

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#1
Just watching Degale fight for Gold. Boy is doing great and has been BITTEN once already!

Looks more like milling than boxing but Degale doing the job.


edit for mong title
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#2
Last round - Degale 12 points - Cuban 10 points.

Looks like being some last round. Both fighters knackered, not pretty boxing but pure passion from both.
 
#3
Except he's a middleweight :wink:
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#4
Degale = Gold

16 points to 14

Great victory - crap boxing - good scrap.
 
#5
It was more like a brawl, but who cares. Damn fine effort.

Well Done James Degale!
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#6
#7
That was a messy messy fight. Reminded me of Regimental level boxing!

As in bring the gloves down to a BBQ in the Pad estate and scrap p1ssed up in the garden. Talent out the window but an entertaining scrap!
 
#8
WTF is it with the Cubans? One of their Boxers tries to do a Tyson, and their TKD fighter kicks the ref in the head! 8O
 
#9
Closet_Jibber said:
That was a messy messy fight. Reminded me of Regimental level boxing!
I've done Reggy boxing and it was NEVER that scrappy!

Great result, Degale is a likeable bloke it seems. That Cuban was a dirty fcuker so Degale just gave him some back. There was a touch of Judo about the while fight! Another round and I think Degale might have blown it. But it's 4 rounds not 5 so well done mate.
 
#10
PandaLOVE said:
Closet_Jibber said:
That was a messy messy fight. Reminded me of Regimental level boxing!
I've done Reggy boxing and it was NEVER that scrappy!

Great result, Degale is a likeable bloke it seems. That Cuban was a dirty fcuker so Degale just gave him some back. There was a touch of Judo about the while fight! Another round and I think Degale might have blown it. But it's 4 rounds not 5 so well done mate.
I thought he was an irritating, arrogant chav.

Still he brought home a gold though, can't argue with that.
 
#11
Trick said:
PandaLOVE said:
Closet_Jibber said:
That was a messy messy fight. Reminded me of Regimental level boxing!
I've done Reggy boxing and it was NEVER that scrappy!

Great result, Degale is a likeable bloke it seems. That Cuban was a dirty fcuker so Degale just gave him some back. There was a touch of Judo about the while fight! Another round and I think Degale might have blown it. But it's 4 rounds not 5 so well done mate.
I thought he was an irritating, arrogant chav.

Still he brought home a gold though, can't argue with that.
Seconded. Seemed a bit up himself, but fair play to the laddie, he won the Gold, the first in Boxing for the UK in almost 50 years IIRC.
 
#13
Taz_786 said:
Fraudley Harrison (MBE) clinched super-heavyweight gold at Sydney 2000 although you're better off not remembering. :oops:
My bad. Though in my own defence I have, like most Boxing fans, done my best to supress any memory of Fraudly... :evil:

Harrison was the best recruiting Sgt the UFC ever had! :twisted:
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top