Olympic Heli Snipers

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Golf_one_one, Nov 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They'll shit their pants to know there's been a fooking humungeous dirty bomb/decontamination excercise.

2. Nice to see the pic of the Lynx is an old blue eagles Lynx. What they going to do, back flip the enemy to death?

3. 'in case terrorists attempt an atrocity at the prestigious event.'

What, like allowing Susan Boyle to sing the National Anthem?

• Like Like x 7
  4. More impressed with the conversion of the Harpoon to a SAM!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thank God the terrorists are too dumb to figure out that while London will be the most heavily guarded city on the earth for the duration of the Games, it will be open season on the rest of the UK. Since every copper who is firearms or public order trained will be on duty in London.:roll:

6. ACF shooting teams all busy?

7. strange that the comments section at the bottom seem's to have turned to a rock bashing trip.

8. A Dirty Bomb is just about the only thing that would make the Olympics worth watching. One can but hope.:twisted:

• Like Like x 2
  9. you mean they CAN'T shoot the dick off a cockroach from 1km away whilst drinking tea and watching Die Hard on helmet cam.........gutted!

10. Don't get your hopes up, she might have shaved her armpits specially for the ceremony.

11. No they won't.

12. Interesting to see that TOW will be providing backup from the Lynx if the sniper with his .50(?) rifle fails to hit the target at night 1,000yds away from a helicopter.

Also loving the Harpoon SAM - I suppose at least if it does somehow hit, it'll make a fine ******* mess of any aircraft...

13. Here's me thinking they'd introduced a new sport.

14. Agreed - I was going to ask where they were going to hold it and where could I buy tickets.