Olympic Firework Con!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jack-daniels, Aug 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh borrocks!
  2. The minister for the games said the the fireworks were there, but they didn't think that it would be safe to film them from a helicopter. That's why they generated them on computer as to not let people miss out.

Yeah right, and I'm the Queen of flucking Sheba
  3. Ah, We'll be able to top their fecking fireworks show for sure!

(Albeit that'll be primarily due to pyrotechnic assistance from Jihadis with a suitcase Nuke in the Docklands)
  4. Haha I knew it, the bloody things seemed to came out of buildings at one point and none of the taller buildings in the front appeared to mask the launch patterns.
  5. Who cares. They produced a spectacular event that we'll never be able to trump in 2012.
  6. I hope you're wrong! but you just know we'll feck it up................... :roll:
  7. They'd better not hire the people who did the Millennium new years eve fireworks. The 'river of fire' was the crappiest thing I ever saw! A name like that and you expect them to practically set fire to the river...
  8. Only in Ankh-Morpork
  9. Many a true word in jest ...
  10. that and the bussed in spectators.
    I'm sure Pixar / Disney can get the 2012 olympics "in the can" for us in time, think of the savings and all those golds for tean GB, digital is the way to go .

11. I thought those footprints looked a bit too perfect... ah well, can't say I didn't enjoy the ceremony and showmanship is 90% misdirection so I'm not going to complain. Hmm... faux fireworks or not, the bar has been set pretty high by China so it will be interesting to see what future Olympic host cities do.
  12. 2012 Olympics firework display revealed.

13. Totally agree. The meeja are going out of their way to 'trash' everything they can about these Olympics. If they had turned round and said the footprints were generated before the event... that would've been wrong too.
    I'm an old git and remember every opening ceremony since Mexico '68 and there's not one that comes anywhere near Chinas, bar Seoul.

We will never, ever, in a million years, get enough disciplined young people to pull off a spectacular event like that one... unless the diets start now.
  14. Looking on the bright side, the editor and staff of the Beijing Times will probably be doing their bit to support London's 2012 effort- by sewing footballs and sports gear in a labour camp for the foreseeable future.