Olympic Firework Con!

#4
Ah, We'll be able to top their fecking fireworks show for sure!



(Albeit that'll be primarily due to pyrotechnic assistance from Jihadis with a suitcase Nuke in the Docklands)
 
#5
Haha I knew it, the bloody things seemed to came out of buildings at one point and none of the taller buildings in the front appeared to mask the launch patterns.
 
#6
Who cares. They produced a spectacular event that we'll never be able to trump in 2012.
 
#7
boney_m said:
Who cares. They produced a spectacular event that we'll never be able to trump in 2012.
I hope you're wrong! but you just know we'll feck it up................... :roll:
 
#8
labrat said:
Ah, We'll be able to top their fecking fireworks show for sure!
They'd better not hire the people who did the Millennium new years eve fireworks. The 'river of fire' was the crappiest thing I ever saw! A name like that and you expect them to practically set fire to the river...
 
#9
wg100 said:
labrat said:
Ah, We'll be able to top their fecking fireworks show for sure!
They'd better not hire the people who did the Millennium new years eve fireworks. The 'river of fire' was the crappiest thing I ever saw! A name like that and you expect them to practically set fire to the river...
Only in Ankh-Morpork
 
#10
labrat said:
Ah, We'll be able to top their fecking fireworks show for sure!

(Albeit that'll be primarily due to pyrotechnic assistance from Jihadis with a suitcase Nuke in the Docklands)
Many a true word in jest ...
 
#11
that and the bussed in spectators.
I'm sure Pixar / Disney can get the 2012 olympics "in the can" for us in time, think of the savings and all those golds for tean GB, digital is the way to go .

WW
 
#12
I thought those footprints looked a bit too perfect... ah well, can't say I didn't enjoy the ceremony and showmanship is 90% misdirection so I'm not going to complain. Hmm... faux fireworks or not, the bar has been set pretty high by China so it will be interesting to see what future Olympic host cities do.
 
#13
2012 Olympics firework display revealed.

 
#14
boney_m said:
Who cares. They produced a spectacular event that we'll never be able to trump in 2012.
Totally agree. The meeja are going out of their way to 'trash' everything they can about these Olympics. If they had turned round and said the footprints were generated before the event... that would've been wrong too.
I'm an old git and remember every opening ceremony since Mexico '68 and there's not one that comes anywhere near Chinas, bar Seoul.

We will never, ever, in a million years, get enough disciplined young people to pull off a spectacular event like that one... unless the diets start now.
 
#15
Looking on the bright side, the editor and staff of the Beijing Times will probably be doing their bit to support London's 2012 effort- by sewing footballs and sports gear in a labour camp for the foreseeable future.
 
#16
The ceremony has also been strongly criticised by architect Ai Weiwei, who helped design the Bird's Nest stadium.

Writing on his blog, Mr Ai described the ceremony as "a recycling of the rubbish of fake classical culture tradition; a sacrilegious visual garbage dump and an insult to the spirit of liberty; low class sound play that's just noise pollution".

He was directly critical of China's ruling communist party, characterising the ceremony as "a showcase of the reincarnation of the Marxist imperialism; the ultimate paragon of an all embracing culture of fascist totalitarianism; an encyclopaedia that encompasses total defeat in intellectual spirit."

Mr Ai helped design the stadium alongside Swiss architect firm, Herzog and de Meuron.

But since then, he has become an outspoken blogger against the Olympics and the Chinese regime. Unusually, he has not been censored by the authorities.
Will the chinks silence him after the games? And he bcomes a little bit less of a celebrity?

How much does a 9mm cost these days?
 
#17
mmm-babies-heads said:
boney_m said:
Who cares. They produced a spectacular event that we'll never be able to trump in 2012.
Totally agree. The meeja are going out of their way to 'trash' everything they can about these Olympics. If they had turned round and said the footprints were generated before the event... that would've been wrong too.
I'm an old git and remember every opening ceremony since Mexico '68 and there's not one that comes anywhere near Chinas, bar Seoul.

We will never, ever, in a million years, get enough disciplined young people to pull off a spectacular event like that one... unless the diets start now.
So these ones will be the last you'll see then? :D
 
#18
"Organiser said that the footprint fireworks were there for real, but thought it unsafe to try to film them - so they recreated them instead."

A spokesman also said that no drugs would be used during the 2008 Olympics and that China would consider letting the Dalai Lama close the games in a live broadcast from free Tibet.
 
#19
jack-daniels said:
mmm-babies-heads said:
boney_m said:
Who cares. They produced a spectacular event that we'll never be able to trump in 2012.
Totally agree. The meeja are going out of their way to 'trash' everything they can about these Olympics. If they had turned round and said the footprints were generated before the event... that would've been wrong too.
I'm an old git and remember every opening ceremony since Mexico '68 and there's not one that comes anywhere near Chinas, bar Seoul.

We will never, ever, in a million years, get enough disciplined young people to pull off a spectacular event like that one... unless the diets start now.
So these ones will be the last you'll see then? :D
'kin 'ope not! There's at least another 50 yrs left in me (providing I live to be a hundred) Have decided to make a calender note on the computer for every Olympic games and send a note to a Mr Jack Daniels telling him I'm watching the forthcoming event and see how many replies I get!
 
#20
Perhaps this totalitarian regime should take a few lessons from Labour's spin machine - I am sure that they would have been able to sell it as a part of their plan to minimise the carbon footprint of their 'Green Olympics' by cutting down on harmful atmospheric emissions of carbon...

On a serious note, I believe that is the spin we are already using to cover up for the next London 'Austerity Games' - one of the excuses, sorry reasons, we won was because we have promised a "sustainable olympics". So there won't be any fireworks at all, just coachloads of kids throwing flower petals from wicker baskets.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top