Oliver Letwin Is In The Brown & Smelly

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Oct 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

BBC News - Oliver Letwin dumps documents in park bins (c) Auntie (other news sources are available)

If it's true that some of his constutuents details are amongst the douments that he's said to have binned then the Information Commissioner will want a word.

Auntie has made mention of terrorism and national security, quoting the Mirror.

But Mr Lewtwin's official spokesman has said that the documents were "not of a sensitive nature".

So, if you are a Minister (Governmental rather than Religious) and want to get empty your briefcase because it's a little bit heavy, just find a nearby rubbish bin.

2. I think it's about time Cameron grew a set and started banging heads together, he is starting to loose control. A few trusted idiots will bring his Govt down

• Like Like x 1
  3. Here's hoping!

4. This guy really is a pratt of the first water.

He claimed a couple of grand in expenses to repair a water leak under his tennis court, he was then ordered to repay it.

He opened up his front door at stupid O'Clock in the morning, in order to let a couple of complete strangers use his loo. They subsequently burgled him and legged it.

He hides from the press and the public when he's under pressure.

He opts for soft portfolios in order to continue working at his old bank.

He's best mates with 'Call me Dave' so this latest bollox won't get far, I'm sure.

5. Unbelievable .... if one of his staff had been caught doing that they would have been out on their arrse immediately.

6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

If ever there was a case of "Don't do as I do, do as I say".

Are all the Tories in the cabinet taking it in turns to embarrass CMD?

Not that I mind, I'm just not sure if I should toddle along to Corals and lay a fiver on Ken Clarke being caught smuggling jazz before Easter.

7. This sounds as dodgy as a badly reheated pork curry that's been sat in the sun for 5 days.

Why would a Gov. Minister bin stuff in the park? Surely his dept. has burn bags and shredders?

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Man throws old letters away in park bin. Shock horror, hold the front page!

It would appear that there are no sensitive papers included otherwise the Mirror would be crawling all over this crowing about how they saved the nation's security.

Still, if it is a quiet news day...........................

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bet the Mirror will be tracking down the originators of the letters. MPs are, on the whole, unpleasant and arrogant and unaccountable and the entire class needs taking down a peg or two again, since the expenses scandal. Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards needs to be given teeth to sink into porcine shiny backsides. My MP is a cnut of the highest order.

10. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Court Martial offence for anyone serving (unless it's part of a cunning plan by an admiral).

11. I don't think it really matters whether there was security sensitive papers or not. If I had written a letter to my MP I would be pretty pissed off if he dumped it in a bin in a public park, it smacks too much of dismissal, of me and my thoughts on whatever I had written about.

He might even be in contravention of the Data Protection Act if he is publicly leaving data where it can be easily accessed by a third party.

Whether or not he has technically done anything wrong he has failed to treat his constituents and others who write to him with any respect whatsoever.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I'm glad you mentioned the DPA. If the letters were in confidence from constituants and had their personal details on, there may be hell to pay.

13. And the alternative is..................?

14. Man in park doing his job, absolutely no problem. He reads his papers then gathers them together and takes them back to be actioned or disposed of, simple.

The difference between Fox and Tony Blair is that Blair created non-positions on enormous salaries for his chums and made them all paid advisors.

15. That's the problem isn't it?

Labour have been promising everyone that they would make cuts but without hurting anyone! We're in the mire and it would be suicidal to ditch the crew that seem to be making the best effort to get us out of it.

Labour are just in the business of telling people what they want to hear. Let Labour back in again and Greece will be lending us money!

• Like Like x 3