Olive Dating hacked?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm not, nor have I ever been, signed up for 'Olive Dating' or any other dating site. Why then did I receive this message:

Hello, I am joy!
How are you ? hope you are fine and in perfect condition of health.Please I went through your profile at lyccs.free.fr(www.olivedating.co.uk) and i read it and took interest in it,please if you don't mind i will like you to write me on this ID(joy99915@yahoo.com) as soon as i get your mail then i will send you my picture,hope to hear from you soon,and I will be waiting for your mail because i have something VERY important to tell you.
Lots of love please COM to my ID OK(joy99915@yahoo.com)
joy!

Legs said:
I'm not, nor have I ever been, signed up for 'Olive Dating' or any other dating site. Why then did I receive this message:

Hello, I am joy!
How are you ? hope you are fine and in perfect condition of health.Please I went through your profile at lyccs.free.fr(www.olivedating.co.uk) and i read it and took interest in it,please if you don't mind i will like you to write me on this ID(joy99915@yahoo.com) as soon as i get your mail then i will send you my picture,hope to hear from you soon,and I will be waiting for your mail because i have something VERY important to tell you.
joy!
Was it by PM or email?

"because I have something very important to tell you" i expect she wants to let you know she has $20 million and needs your bank details so you can share this wealth with her!!

Should be a piece of cake to get rid of them.

they asked if you were in good health, simply post them a link to your stomach churning blog with a tag line of "this is me" and they wont stop running until they hit the outer reaches of the known universe.

Legs said:

Hello, I am joy!
joy!
I imagine a comedian has got hold of your email address, and registered you on Olive- I can understand why; the outcome could be hilarious.

Or, you belong to some deviant site, which has been a victim of an SQL injection attack.

This is probably spam from a system that is using "olivedating.co.uk" as an email from address. If you find a link in your client that shows the email 'headers' you will see the actual source and I very much doubt it's olive dating.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lucretia Lonely Hearts 78
Achmed The NAAFI Bar 8
Legs ARRSE: Site Issues 6