Olive Dating hacked?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Legs, Jul 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not, nor have I ever been, signed up for 'Olive Dating' or any other dating site. Why then did I receive this message:

2. Was it by PM or email?
  3. by email
  4. "because I have something very important to tell you" i expect she wants to let you know she has $20 million and needs your bank details so you can share this wealth with her!!
  5. Should be a piece of cake to get rid of them.

they asked if you were in good health, simply post them a link to your stomach churning blog with a tag line of "this is me" and they wont stop running until they hit the outer reaches of the known universe.
  6. I imagine a comedian has got hold of your email address, and registered you on Olive- I can understand why; the outcome could be hilarious.

Or, you belong to some deviant site, which has been a victim of an SQL injection attack.
  7. Does Olive welcome Jack Duckworth in a dress look-a-likes with a clit resembling Albert Talock's nose?
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

This is probably spam from a system that is using "olivedating.co.uk" as an email from address. If you find a link in your client that shows the email 'headers' you will see the actual source and I very much doubt it's olive dating.