Ole, Caramba, Ouch

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by miles_gloriosus, May 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He will not be using minty mouthwash for a few weeks.

Hope the bull was alright
  2. "Almost his entire mouth was destroyed. It's too early to talk of recovery...."

Boom boom tish!
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Poor ickle bull, being stabbed up like that by some sequinned ponce; no wonder it was angry!

Serves the geezer right.
  4. There are usually three matadors at each bullfight, and they take two bulls each. Generally if one them becomes a casualty, one of the other two will step in and finish off his bull for him. So the bull probably didn't make it...
  5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

RIP Toro. Dusty in here etc, etc.
  6. awesome!!!!

I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............

personaly i think its a horrid sport, you shouldn't be cruel with a long drawn out death for the animal - it adrenaline's the meat and makes it tough and horrid to the taste.

nasty to be mean to the food.................from an eating perspective.

what does spaniard taste like???
  7. Is that what they mean by having a horny tongue?
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I ate a Spaniard once. Well, bits of a one. Ok, to be accurate, she is Mallorcan, but was very tasty with no garlic aftertaste yet a hint of spice. So good I had seconds.
  9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

10. That al learn yer!
  11. Common mistake, but do not confuse bullfighting with sport. Spaniards don't. It's an art form, and hence you will find the bullfighting reports on the Arts pages of the Spanish press and not on the Sport pages.
  12. I much prefer the Camargue form of bullfighting where the Matador has to try to snatch a purse from between the bull's horns. The bulls don't get hurt and there are near misses aplenty to keep the adrenalin pumping.
  13. If the bulls don't get hurt, presumably he's not really a matador (="killer")? Probably scores a few more points on the humanitarian scale, but the Spanish would think of it as a bit gay compared to the real thing...