Ole, Caramba, Ouch

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
Poor ickle bull, being stabbed up like that by some sequinned ponce; no wonder it was angry!

Serves the geezer right.
 
#5
There are usually three matadors at each bullfight, and they take two bulls each. Generally if one them becomes a casualty, one of the other two will step in and finish off his bull for him. So the bull probably didn't make it...
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#7
Hobo-Ken said:
There are usually three matadors at each bullfight, and they take two bulls each. Generally if one them becomes a casualty, one of the other two will step in and finish off his bull for him. So the bull probably didn't make it...
RIP Toro. Dusty in here etc, etc.
 
#8
awesome!!!!

I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............

personaly i think its a horrid sport, you shouldn't be cruel with a long drawn out death for the animal - it adrenaline's the meat and makes it tough and horrid to the taste.

nasty to be mean to the food.................from an eating perspective.

what does spaniard taste like???
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#10
DrStealth said:
awesome!!!!

I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............

personaly i think its a horrid sport, you shouldn't be cruel with a long drawn out death for the animal - it adrenaline's the meat and makes it tough and horrid to the taste.

nasty to be mean to the food.................from an eating perspective.

what does spaniard taste like???
I ate a Spaniard once. Well, bits of a one. Ok, to be accurate, she is Mallorcan, but was very tasty with no garlic aftertaste yet a hint of spice. So good I had seconds.
 
#11
DrStealth said:
awesome!!!!

I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............

personaly i think its a horrid sport, you shouldn't be cruel with a long drawn out death for the animal - it adrenaline's the meat and makes it tough and horrid to the taste.

nasty to be mean to the food.................from an eating perspective.

what does spaniard taste like???



Garlic!
 
#13
DrStealth said:
I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............
Common mistake, but do not confuse bullfighting with sport. Spaniards don't. It's an art form, and hence you will find the bullfighting reports on the Arts pages of the Spanish press and not on the Sport pages.
 
#14
Hobo-Ken said:
DrStealth said:
I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............
Common mistake, but do not confuse bullfighting with sport. Spaniards don't. It's an art form, and hence you will find the bullfighting reports on the Arts pages of the Spanish press and not on the Sport pages.
I much prefer the Camargue form of bullfighting where the Matador has to try to snatch a purse from between the bull's horns. The bulls don't get hurt and there are near misses aplenty to keep the adrenalin pumping.
 
#15
Markintime said:
Hobo-Ken said:
DrStealth said:
I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............
Common mistake, but do not confuse bullfighting with sport. Spaniards don't. It's an art form, and hence you will find the bullfighting reports on the Arts pages of the Spanish press and not on the Sport pages.
I much prefer the Camargue form of bullfighting where the Matador has to try to snatch a purse from between the bull's horns. The bulls don't get hurt and there are near misses aplenty to keep the adrenalin pumping.
If the bulls don't get hurt, presumably he's not really a matador (="killer")? Probably scores a few more points on the humanitarian scale, but the Spanish would think of it as a bit gay compared to the real thing...
 
#16
Hobo-Ken said:
Markintime said:
Hobo-Ken said:
DrStealth said:
I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............
Common mistake, but do not confuse bullfighting with sport. Spaniards don't. It's an art form, and hence you will find the bullfighting reports on the Arts pages of the Spanish press and not on the Sport pages.
I much prefer the Camargue form of bullfighting where the Matador has to try to snatch a purse from between the bull's horns. The bulls don't get hurt and there are near misses aplenty to keep the adrenalin pumping.
If the bulls don't get hurt, presumably he's not really a matador (="killer")? Probably scores a few more points on the humanitarian scale, but the Spanish would think of it as a bit gay compared to the real thing...
They do. Here in Catalonia one of the current debates is about banning the bulls in this (partly) autonomous province, as the majority of people consider it to be a torture of animals rather than an art-form or sport.
Much of the rest of Spain (at least the testosterone-fuelled, non-thinking part) are quite indignant at how the Catalans can even think about banning it. It is seen as part of 'spanishness', and as a cultural heritage should therefore be preserved. As the Catalans don't particularly feel spanish they consider that as bollocks of the first degree.
Personally that also fails to convince me and my sympathies lie not with the dentally-challenged torero* but the poor bull who was just defending himself and ended up in cans of pedigree.
Now they tell me in Potugal the bull isn't killed, which seems much fairer and a better test of courage.

*In Spain the word they usually use is Torero or 'buller' rather than matador 'killer'.
 
#17
Dwarf said:
Hobo-Ken said:
Markintime said:
Hobo-Ken said:
DrStealth said:
I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............
Common mistake, but do not confuse bullfighting with sport. Spaniards don't. It's an art form, and hence you will find the bullfighting reports on the Arts pages of the Spanish press and not on the Sport pages.
I much prefer the Camargue form of bullfighting where the Matador has to try to snatch a purse from between the bull's horns. The bulls don't get hurt and there are near misses aplenty to keep the adrenalin pumping.
If the bulls don't get hurt, presumably he's not really a matador (="killer")? Probably scores a few more points on the humanitarian scale, but the Spanish would think of it as a bit gay compared to the real thing...
They do. Here in Catalonia one of the current debates is about banning the bulls in this (partly) autonomous province, as the majority of people consider it to be a torture of animals rather than an art-form or sport.
Much of the rest of Spain (at least the testosterone-fuelled, non-thinking part) are quite indignant at how the Catalans can even think about banning it. It is seen as part of 'spanishness', and as a cultural heritage should therefore be preserved. As the Catalans don't particularly feel spanish they consider that as balls of the first degree.
Personally that also fails to convince me and my sympathies lie not with the dentally-challenged torero* but the poor bull who was just defending himself and ended up in cans of pedigree.
Now they tell me in Potugal the bull isn't killed, which seems much fairer and a better test of courage.

*In Spain the word they usually use is Torero or 'buller' rather than matador 'killer'.
Indeed - Catalans just don't really "get" the whole bullfighting thing - being, by their own admission, not proper Spaniards at the best of times. It's more of a Castilian thing really.

Linguistically, presumably "matador" would be a subset of the wider "torero" community - i.e. the "banderilleros" (who are fairly nails) and "picadors" (who are less so, IMHO) are "toreros" too?? si me explico bien....
 
#18
C'mon the bulls!
 
#19
Hobo-Ken said:
Markintime said:
Hobo-Ken said:
DrStealth said:
I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............
Common mistake, but do not confuse bullfighting with sport. Spaniards don't. It's an art form, and hence you will find the bullfighting reports on the Arts pages of the Spanish press and not on the Sport pages.
I much prefer the Camargue form of bullfighting where the Matador has to try to snatch a purse from between the bull's horns. The bulls don't get hurt and there are near misses aplenty to keep the adrenalin pumping.
If the bulls don't get hurt, presumably he's not really a matador (="killer")? Probably scores a few more points on the humanitarian scale, but the Spanish would think of it as a bit gay compared to the real thing...
The Camargue being in France they most certainly don't use the term Matador but I thought most people would understand what I meant and it was much shorter than 'the person who goes tearing across the ring as near to the bull as possible and attempting to tear tassels, fixed between the bulls horns, off with a hand held rake thingy, before leaping to safety over a wooden barrier.'



 
#20
Markintime said:
Hobo-Ken said:
DrStealth said:
I allways thought bullfighting would be a more fun spectator sport if they fitted long swords or bayonets to the animals horns...............
Common mistake, but do not confuse bullfighting with sport. Spaniards don't. It's an art form, and hence you will find the bullfighting reports on the Arts pages of the Spanish press and not on the Sport pages.
I much prefer the Camargue form of bullfighting where the Matador has to try to snatch a purse from between the bull's horns. The bulls don't get hurt and there are near misses aplenty to keep the adrenalin pumping.
In Portugal they have teams of guy's who stand & try to stop the bull & wrestle it to a standstill, its not killed, at least not in the ring, have a look at this:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWxQ_7X__o4
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top