Oldies should go back to Uni - a flaw in this cunning plan?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunnoficarus, Feb 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

"Look into my eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into the eyes...deep into the eyes.......three....two.....one...you're under, this isn't about money, this is about people, elderly people, this isn't about my mates and their vampire banks, this is about education, this isn't about getting elderly people into debt so we can seize their hard earned property and roll in their savings....oh no, this is about life choices, this is about human potential, that's a good thing, as all the crumbling post baby boom universities, the evil vampire banks, my fellow lodge members and the members of my club agree, that this is not about us lining our pockets....oh no......not this time......no! Three....two.....one.....click! You are back in the room!
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Just think of all that rampant, teenage tottie just gagging for a man who knows what he's doing.

I could also do with upgrading my Bachelor of Alchemy to something more modern, perhaps involving airship design or steam engines. Do they still have valves inside tellys?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Graduated at 36,deferred loan for 14 years (low wage),loan wiped at 50.I guess they must have changed the rules.One guy in my year,aged 60, was refused a student loan.I believe that it was on age grounds.The times they are a'changin'...
  4. ..........I didn't realize that you could get a degree in Traffic Warden-ing!

Sorry Sir, I've started writing it out now, so will have to finish.
  5. If you can wait until next July I may be able to give you an onsite report of Uni life for an old knacker.
  6. There was a retired judge in the paper a few months ago who was off to Oxford - she'd got her legal quals on the job so had no degree and as hew pension was below the threshold she'll never have to pay the loan back. I quite like the idea of being 65 at uni, though beiong a wstudent again at that age would probably finish me off very quickly
  7. WTF. Why not. I'm toying with the idea of an MSc in advanced grave robbing. There's no money in it, I couldn't possibly pay any loan I could blag black. Who cares! At 60+ it's not about what you can do, but what you can squeeze from the F*****g system you've been in hock to for the last 40 years. WTF.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Me as well , late 40`s starting a 2 year FdSc.
  9. Is there a degree in B&Q "no sonny (which isn't as offensive when you are over 50), you need one of these and shit loads of that and it'll still be damp?"
  10. What is attractive to me is a so called "Full time course" is actually 3 days a week for 30 weeks first year the 2 days a week 2nd year! ******* idle students , think I`ll be one and I`ll carry on running my business at the same time !
  11. Is not the object of the exercise to get the poor old farts thinking they are 19 again. Eating crap, drinking to excess, drugs, dancing, shagging. Three months of that, dead and so no more pension to pay out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Great. Just what the country needs. A bunch of geriatrics with degrees in Underwater Basket Weaving who dribble on to matron about their PhDs in meeja studees whilst not being able to remember what they had for breakfast. They'll have to install inductive hearing loops and have even bigger blackboards in the lecture rooms. Student halls should be a right laugh, with cries of "Keep the noise down, some of us are trying to get to sleep!" at eight o'clock at night. Not to mention Horlicks outselling beer in the bar.

Still, at least the younger students will get to hear about the mighty SLR! :biggrin:
  13. I'm taking my gaiters with me! ;-)
  14. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

don't forget the bit of rope left in your harness when you cut away on the balcony. and the wig on your head you took from an argentine general which is why its the wrong colour.

gaiters indeed.