Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oldest P Company pass??

Simple, who/what age was the oldest bloke to pass P Company so far?

(this might be a Wah)

TA anaesthetist in Chelmsford passed his at the ripe old age of 45. I will say however him and physical fitness are in harmony. Mad as a bag of ferrets :p

fastmedic

Ozduke said:
P for Prostate?

Often underestimated the prostate...surely the driving force of all men!

F*ck me 45....nails!

edited for altzheimers.

Brew_Time

War Hero
dog_eatin_ot_chips said:
Simple, who/what age was the oldest bloke to pass P Company so far?

(this might be a Wah)

I expect the oldest bloke to have passed P Company is prob dead now.

BT. :wink:

One of the managing directors of my company passed it as a 40 year old major

Raises the question, does the likes of P Coy age range their passmarks ? I'm not trying in any way to take anything from these lads just curious over wheter it is

It has nothing what so ever on me doing 9.22 on my PFT with 60 pressups at 38 and dreaming of airborne glory at all.......honest

titsinatophat

Old-Salt
Well I'm having a crack at it this year and I'm 30. Even quit smoking last week to give meself a better chance!
Could anyone give me a general idea of the pass/fail percentage of a typical course, I'd like an idea of what I'm in for.

chimera

LE
This is good this.....45, 40, 30 yrs old (good luck titsinatophat) everything is easier once yer bin the fags (err........so to speak).

Right wheres that TA application.....Nurse........Nurse...wheres my stick!!??

Haha, the comedy value of the Paras` docu is excellent too, "I wanted to fly in the sky and jump out off aeroplanes sergeant"!!

TA anaesthetist in Chelmsford passed his at the ripe old age of 45. I will say however him and physical fitness are in harmony. Mad as a bag of ferrets :p

fastmedic
Not sure if anyone older has done this. I am that anaesthetist and I went on to Para training in 2001, Black Serpent the same year, deployed into Bagram March 2002 joined 16 CS Med Regt as a regular officer in 2003 and deployed into Iraq on Telic 1. I had a great 10 years with 16 Med Regt and retired from the army on my 58th Birthday in 2012. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way, some of them did so by not believing in me and giving me the incentive to prove them wrong! Others were just amazing guys! No names. Im still anaesthetising in the Civ world and still keeping fit. Does anyone know if I was indeed the oldest? or did/has someone older done it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wee Hawken

Old-Salt
Does anyone know if I was indeed the oldest? or did/has someone older done it?
Probably not! And it's a great achievement.

Without wishing to derail the thread, I wonder who was the oldest to parachute into combat? Freddie Gough (OC Div Recce Sqn) and "Boy" Wilson (OC 21st Ind Coy - pathfinders) were I think 44 and 45 respectively at Arnhem and both had some quite punchy jobs to do on arrival.

But I'm guessing that if you arrived in Afghanistan by parachute it's possible you might hold this record too?

Not sure if anyone older has done this. I am that anaesthetist and I went on to Para training in 2001, Black Serpent the same year, deployed into Bagram March 2002 joined 16 CS Med Regt as a regular officer in 2003 and deployed into Iraq on Telic 1. I had a great 10 years with 16 Med Regt and retired from the army on my 58th Birthday in 2012. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way, some of them did so by not believing in me and giving me the incentive to prove them wrong! Others were just amazing guys! No names. Im still anaesthetising in the Civ world and still keeping fit. Does anyone know if I was indeed the oldest? or did/has someone older done it?
Props, how did you find it relative to other fitness challenges you'd done at the time?

I recall the journo that did the RM tests saying that it was the most intense and stressful thing he'd done and he was doing it 'fresh', not as a continuation of the very rigorous training schedule for a Commando.

I used to hear a lot of civvie Fan Dance chatter in the local, as I do living in the shadow of Pen y Fan, and it's always done in isolation. Doesn't seem to cross their minds.

fastmedic

Without wishing to derail the thread, I wonder who was the oldest to parachute into combat? Freddie Gough (OC Div Recce Sqn) and "Boy" Wilson (OC 21st Ind Coy - pathfinders) were I think 44 and 45 respectively at Arnhem and both had some quite punchy jobs to do on arrival.

But I'm guessing that if you arrived in Afghanistan by parachute it's possible you might hold this record too?

I arrived in Afghanistan by VC10 was met by.........nobody, had no transit accommodation organised and blagged a lift to Bagram the next day on an SF Chinook flight, losing my Oakleys in the process!
Had a great deployment, was aeromedded out a month later with the mystery virus (Google it) then put in my application for a regular commission.

Stanislaw Sosabowski parachuted into Driel (on the south side of the river at Arnhem) at the age of 52 with his 1st Independent (Polish) Parachute Brigade. He had completed his parachute training in 1942, aged 50.

Last edited:

Latest Threads