Oldest MOD 90

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BuggerAll, Nov 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Sad thread but here goes anyway. On producing my ID card today the MGS wallah commented that my ID card must be the oldest one still in use. It was issued in March 1994. Anyone got an older one?

2. Damn, you missed me by three days! I have just exchanged my Feb 94 card for a shiny new one...

3. Pah!
    thats nowt....fella who sleeps in my bed got his issued 10th Jan 1994...hologram has disappeared and its cracked at every edge but still gets him through the main gates!

Fat head picture looks ferk all like him!

4. He sounds a right ugly cnut !

5. msr

msr LE

Easy: Have just been given my MOD90 from 18 JAN 90.

Typed up.

Damn I was a handsome chap ;)

msr
    P.S. BA: I think it should have been confiscated. The new ones have more info on them, including an expiry date.

6. Pap off when your number starts with 2426 then we can talk. :oops:

7. 80's sad git - still got your cavalry/grandad shirt and baggy trousered new romantic shite catchers??

Fnaaar!!!!

8. May 1981 and Feb 1991 (old style).Nobody ever asked me for them back (I'm still as ugly as ever) Present one (October 95) shows my hair colour before the winter set in and I changed colour to blend in with the landscape.Between 1977 and 1981 I had "a certificate in lieu" that allowed me to deploy to FRG.

9. I still have a black and white one knocking about somewhere

10. Dammit, if it wasn't for that small matter of a car fire* I'd not be using a MOD 90 with Jun 94 printed on it. I look nothing like the picture anymore, especially as I have chosen to have my hair coloured 'arctic badger'

*I was in the car when it caught fire and strangely enough I decided to get out pretty sharpish, leaving my jacket and MOD 90 behind.

11. 1980 If not before.

12. 31 Aug 1993, thats cause i kept my OR's one on commisioning but i still have it!

13. bu99er, 2473....

Stilts

14. Why on earth would I want to converse with some redarrse whose number doesn't begin 2420? ;)

15. Makes me feel quite old with my 2471 number. Still got my old MOD90 dated Feb 86, but it's got "RES" punched through it.