Oldest item of clothing that you still wear.................

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheBigUn, Jun 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Come on own up. What is the oldest item of clothing, civvy or military that you still wear on a regular basis? and why?
  2. By the way mine is a pair of $4 wranglers i bought in BATUS 7 yrs ago!
  3. 19yr old barbour because it keeps me dry at looks ok with a suit when i occasionly have to wear one oh and it makes me look grown up :D
  4. Desi wellies.

Purchased in Sausage Land in 1992 and still going strong.

Wear them in the summer whilst bumming (literally, I like it up the sh1tter) around the beach or on the river as they are comfy as fcuk.
  5. Right now, wearing a pair of shoes bought for wearing to work about 15 years ago and still looking perfect. Must be the amount of Parade Gloss that has gone on them. My tie today is one I bought about 25 years ago. Everything else is quite new, thanks to ever increasing middle age spread. If only I didn't enjoy my food so much.
  6. My beret, 20 years old this october.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mrs Baggy........32 years ago in Hohne.
    Has worn well and not lost her once........... :mrgreen:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I'm going to regret this...

KF shirt, issued 1975 and dated 1971. The collar frayed, but I got the missus to turn it upside down. It's starting to get a bit thin, so I may have to start wearing the one I "found" in 1980. Unlike my favourite, the "new" one is green.
  9. Why on earth would you want to wear old KF anyway..........
    • Like Like x 1
  10. KF shirts = Flagellation. Very depraved indeed puttees!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

My grandad's farm jacket. Thick waxy style, bit like barbour - but not.

It'll be 60 years old on his birthday next Sunday, pretty frayed, but warm and snuggly. Even smells like the old bu*ger too!
  12. My Barbour as well, 17 years old , smells of sweat , dirt , gun oil and horses. I love it. As does a female of my acquaintance....

It gets you moist burd, admit it :D
  13. Jungle boots - with green canvass sides. Must be about 17 years old now. 'Green' is now blackish due to mongy polishing. No tread left so only worn in summer as I shuffle from desk to desk. As comfortable as fcuk.
  14. '96 3 Lions T shirt. Robbed it off a girl I had a fling with on holiday in Benidorm. Those were the days.....
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I've still got a bit of fluff, dating from 1989, under my foreskin. Does that count?