Oldest bit of "New" Kit youve been issued?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by StumpyHussar, Jan 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once in sunny Canada in 1982 we were issued a new desert cam net from stores still sealed in hessian and tied with string. It was covered in stores labels but the oldest one read "Alexandria Depot 1942" on it. Made us laugh until we had to put the thing up for the first time and all the bl@ody poles went through the damned thing complete with the mushroom 'spreaders'.

Anyone beat that?
  2. No but close - millbank bags in Belize with 1944 stamped on them. Worked perfectly too!
  3. Almost as close, First Field Dressing dated 1944. Luckily never found out if the bloody thing 'worked'
  4. Shorts PT Stanley Mathews dated 1953. They worked fine - I didn't
  5. Ceremonial jacket - dated 1908. Wellington boots dated 1935.
  6. Love the wellies they beat me by a country mile!

On temp issue I once was issued a Hussar busby(?) for ceremonial duties which also had the date 1908 on it. Got married with those standard issue swords the QM had and they were about the same time. Sword lasted a lot longer than the marriage any-hoo :roll:
  7. Getting a good busby was like finding hens teeth. I can never remember the dates on the swords but as they were 1908 pattern I don't think it would be hard to guess LOL
  8. would BT not be interested in your busby
  9. Signed for a pair of blues / mess dress trousers from the QM's with the name
    LT Mark Phillips on the label .Princess Annes ex left the unit in 72 .Not that old
    and a little off thread i know .
  10. go for the dna option . the pest is bound to have creamed his pants at some horsey/his missus event, so will be worth a couple of quid
  11. A trooper named `Tan`,sadly now passed on,once left Lt Phillps´s Parka hanging on the side of a Chieftain over Naafi break,.........................................the owner was still inside it! :oops:
  12. I found one in B********* Med centre marked 1938 (actually it was two tiny dressings smaller than a standard current issue
  13. What would BT want with a cavalrymans's hat?
  14. I once sighned for a 432 that my dad had sighned for back in the early sixties......
  15. Finally figured out how to post... sloghtly at a tangent, but I took this photo onboard HMS Victory. It is a piece of kit over 200 years old, identical to the pigs tail used by mortars.[​IMG][/URL][/img]