Old Versus New !!!!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by New Q, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Yes the AMS is now run by the Navy

2. No the training there was pants anyway

3. Who cares about Keogh

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A phrase we hear very often is "back in the old days" well what changes do you the readers think are for the worse ?

What would you change back to the way it was and why ?

I pesronally will start the thread by offering my first change:

Change the DMSTC back to AMS Trg Gp previously our Corps Mess and our beloved Depot. WHY ?

There was a point when Keogh was OUR depot our home and some will admit that at some stage in their carreer they wanted to be back there albeit as a Recruit Instr or as a Tech Instr and some even wanted to be back there as the RSM. Now we are left with no real home to speak of!
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

If you look throughout the Army the MoD has contrived to remove all Regts and Corps 'Homes', and the AMS is no different, our nearest spiritual home is probably York.(God forbid!)

By the way I would rather nail parts of my anatomy to a table than be posted to Keogh. - at anytime!
  3. Qman is right our new home seems to be York. What happens when they sell Keogh in 120 years time and move it all to Birmingham? Is that why AMD only has a short term lease at Camberley, if so why do they not pass this info on or do they think that information is power like so many people!!!
  4. Pompey 1,
    The short term lease at Camberley could be up as early as next summer due to the private, public partnership between the RMA and a civilian company with reference the future running of the RMA. The former staff college is being offered to the private company as a headquarters. My information is that the DG is looking at moving the HQ AMS to Worthydown home of the AGC, prior to a major move and build in Birmingham. :evil: :evil:
  5. Q Man wrote

You would need small nails :D
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

But very long!
  7. I would like to place another change on this board.

Change back to the last form of uniform.

When a bloke put on his Lightweights he knew he was working in camp.
    When he put on combats he was on guard or exercise.
    When he put on Bk Dress he was working in the Med Centre or Officers mess.
    When he put on his Two's if it wasnt for Remembrance or Drumhead then he was in the S**t.

Simple and easy to get along with.

Now in a morning the poor troops are dressed for anything all of the above is done in a dirty looking cheaply made set of Exercise kit.

Disgraceful is the only word for it.
  8. and when he put on his mess dress he was going to get leathered.
  9. TM

My sentiments exactly

Mess Kit on the 22nd of November = P****d as a newt !
  10. Surely not TWO beers NewQ????????

You won't make it 'til 2030Hrs!!!!!!!!!
  11. Bring back pounds, shillings and pence, big ugly policeman and proper shaped milk bottles!!!
  12. what about the fags in the compo rations, nice to see them back!
  13. .... and when a bloke was wearing coveralls with a large yellow letter P painted on the back and wearing a shiny steel helmet, he knew that he was going to be marking time an awful lot. 8O
  14. Do you mean all these years Ive been attending and the Dinner goes on after 2030hrs

No one ever woke me up !!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Cos you have never been one to hold your port, aye NQ!