Old time memory cards

Aren't CF cards still standard in larger cameras (MF digital)? They use an interface that doesn't depend on the card format being 'known' to the camera software, unlike the various eras of SD-cards which aren't backwards compatible.

Edited to add, yes, CF cards are a current standard and Amazon has more than twenty pages of them and accessories.
Before large capacity CF cards existed a small hard drive that fitted in the CF slot was produced called Microdrive. Microdrive - Wikipedia

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Ive still got 8" Floppy Drives and Brand new diskettes for them, let someone figure how to get info of that lol
The last time I was in the bodlian library. I had the ability to read anything I wished on paper.

Now techies are freaking out because they are having trouble getting a standard archival set up which will work for the next few centuries.

Ive still got 8" Floppy Drives and Brand new diskettes for them, let someone figure how to get info of that lol
It should work off a standard floppy interface...

I remember an engineer coming to do an upgrade on an ME29.. (ICL Mini) Turned up in the regulation tweed jacket with elbow patches and pens.. then proceeded to pull an 8" out of the inside pocket, folded in quarters. He unfolded the floppy, ironed it a bit on his knee and shoved it in the drive..

It worked!

Last edited: