Old Time Knocker( Sapper to them that know

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Mack The Knife, Aug 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just signed up yesterday and I am looking forward to a good old root in the archives to see if there are any old sapper friends who might remember me. I did 14 years as a Royal Engineer from 1969 to 1984 and served all over the world on tours from Hong Kong, Malaya(Jungle Warfare), Canada, British Honduras, Norway, BAOR and numerous tours over the water and lost a few friends on the way. I was not a shining light in the corps but I had my moments. I am 60 years old and my youngest grandson has joined up and is in BFG Honne with 2 Scots, and getting ready for his first tour in Afghanistan, Jesus, that's how you know you are getting on a bit, cuase like all good sappers, I have been 17 going on 34 years old since I was discharged on medical reasons. I love all sports, especially golf but I am getting on a bit to be any good any more. I am divorced( That's novel for a old sweat). So to round off, I still have the usual humour of an old soldier, nothing shocks me any more. I do have a favourite grand daughter who will be 6 years old on the 30th of this month, and I would die for her and she can really gee me up with her attitude to life and never stops smiling and that goes both ways. That's about all for now but there will be more as I learn how to use ARRSE to keep in touch with all the lads of the Good old Green Machine. Yours, Mack The Knife

2. BOO!
  3. Welcome to arrse too. Ubique
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome Mack, good to see more Sappers around.