"Old Sweats"

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Storeman_Norman, May 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is it with "old sweat's" ? Why do they think they have the right to think they are better than others? Example: A L/Cpl been in 18 years think's he's better than a Tech full screw, Bol**ck's! And why do they get treat better by senior's, They have been at the bottom of the barrell and thats were they should stay looser's!

2. They get treated better by seniors because they used to be in training together no doubt. They know each other from the olde days and probably have some shi_te on them from nights out on the pish.

Lastly Norman, sounds to me like you've been rightly fcuked by a lance jack recently. Is this true?

And how do you know said lance jack has'nt been up and down the ranks like your mammies skiddies.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Going by the user name (storeman norman)this has to be (come and bite me) so I will.

I just can't stand cheeky weans. :x :x :wink:

4. It maybe has something to do with seniors respecting time done. A six year lance jack should get more respect than a tech full screw and a 12 year one is sure to as he should have a hell of a lot more experience than someone who is just promoted too boost the figures on his pay slip and still can't look after himself, let alone look after a section.

Why do posts on the Signals thread always sound so 'whiney' and wet? One day you'll manage to start a post on a positive note....... no, probably not :?

5. Devlish, Firstly i wouldn't let a lower rank de-brief me , No matter how long hes been in, And for your poor excuse of "Been up and down the rank's" Thats his problem for being twat. Secondly with reference to my mammies panties, Unlike yours she doesn't have too iron them in the drive way!

6. Auld-Yin

Right now - serious stuff.

Firstly Plant Life - how can you possibly complain about whining when all you are doing is giving it large yourself - lighten up and get a life.

Secondly - G3Ops - no way (I hope).

Lastly - Storeman (damn you didn't say you were the QM). Going up and down the ranks (where the real soldiers are) does not necessarily mean they are tw@ts - very often they are led by tw@ts but in barracks get bored and pissed - in the field are often the excellent - met them before. Where you have someone who is cr@p in barracks and cr@p in the field then they don't go 'up and down the ranks' ; they just don't go up.

Still think this is a wind up but then why not? :wink:

7. you sound an obnoxious git to say that!!

I bet your the life and soul of your tech workshops

8. well said A-Y,me thinks storeman is a crow who likes to hide behind his rank ,perhaps one day he will be one of those t**ts and then see how it is

9. Auld-Yin

Stormin - keep going you must be counting the bites! Love it.

You are still a cheeky wean.

10. Yep, floored me with that one Normsky. You would'nt take a de-brief from a lance jack who used to be a section commander with an infantry battalion just because he's a lower rank than you?

Sounds to me your either on the wind-up or a t*sser. The latter being the most obvious.

11. perhaps stormin got higher up quicker because he could get up there further,name on bottom of boots springs to mind

12. Auld yin,

I do love the attention!

Canteen cowboy,

as for your observation skill's reference my job well done!

Men's-meze,

Your point is good who knows maybe i will be, But if a higher rank gave me an order i would do, Despite the fact that he maybe a snotty nose lad just outta of school, It's called the rank structure and thats what i joined up for.

13. are you sure you didnt join up just becaues homosexuality was made legal and the thought of communal showers

14. Devlish,

You telling me if you were a able too wipe your own ass and got promoted to l/cpl you would take a bollocking off a Pte? Just show's what a tosser you really are !

Mens- meze,

If that's what get's you promoted don't knock it !!

15. damn so thats where ive been going wrong all these years,thanks for the advice norms ill get the swarfega at the double,by the way any tips