Old Stagecoach double deckers flogged to San-Francisco

Bris

LE
But who's going to piss on the seats for them? Will there be a musky tramp furiously masturbating in the aisle? Are schoolchildren going to set the curtains on fire?

Without any of this, it won't be a true British bus service!

Hope there a few pools of vomit upstairs and a couple of knobheads smoking wackybaccy for authenticity.

It's a long way from Christchurch. I wonder how much a return ticket is?

I also see that they have had to deface the poor thing by cutting a new door on the wrong side of the bus because those heathens can't drive on the correct side of the road.

Kirkz

LE
Are they replacing the Amtrak service?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
All very well, but some old dear in Christchurch is probably coming to the conclusion that her bus isn't coming.

I remember seeing double deckers in use in New York City in the '80s as tourist sightseeing buses although not in their original livery.

I wonder if they are planning on sending any more over? Could tie in nicely with my plan to drive from Tampa to San Fran later in the year... :D

There are some good business ideas being put into practice by people using old double decker buses. I managed a play bus business for a couple of years and it was a cash cow for the owners. There are lots of things you can do with these vehicles. You just need the idea and a bit of imagination.

These vehicles are robust and roomy. They are built to run forever. The parts are readily available and they are easy to work on. They are simple to drive with power assisted everything and automatic gear boxes. Take the seats out and there is a huge amount of space that can be turned into whatever you want it to be.

For example. Children's playhouses such as I worked with are an increasingly popular idea. The cost of the bus and it's conversion will probably set you back around forty grand or so for a decent job. A bit of a lump of money but start chartering it out at £250 plus for a two hour birthday party and it will soon be earning a good return for your investment.

With proper planning and management, your play bus can easily cater for two parties in a day. If you are careful, you can squeeze three parties in. Call it an average of five parties over a weekend for the bus and you getting the best part of thirteen hundred quid in for your efforts.

Then start factoring in weekday after school parties and trawl for business around schools, nurseries and playgroups etc and the income soars to double or treble that every week.

A play bus is just one idea though. You could turn a bus into a computer games emporium or a mobile training facility. Think of any activity and the chances are a converted bus could in some way be used either for it or as a part of it. The legislative side of the business can be a fairly simple one in comparison to running a truck or coach business. When I was involved in it, we didn't need an operators license. I don't think that has changed and the insurance was fairly cheap.

So check out the Californian Wilts & Dorset bus in a couple of months. It could be anything by then except of course what it is in the picture on this thread.

There is one important point that you really cannot impress enough on the driver. As a Wilts & Dorset bus, the vehicle will have been working on pre planned set routes picking passengers up and dropping them off. In it's new life, the journeys it will now be driven along will most likely be one off's getting to each job. Just keep reminding the driver. Bridges and tree's! Bridges and tree's! Bridges and tree's! Bridges and tree's! Bridges and tree's!

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
There are some good business ideas being put into practice by people using old double decker buses. I managed a play bus business for a couple of years and it was a cash cow for the owners. There are lots of things you do with these vehicles. You just need the idea and a bit of imagination.

These vehicles are robust and roomy. They are built to run forever. The parts are readily available and they are easy to work on. They are simple to drive with power assisted everything and automatic gear boxes. Take the seats out and there is a huge amount of space that can be turned into whatever you want it to be.

For example. Children's playhouses such as I worked with are an increasingly popular idea. The cost of the bus and it's conversion will probably set you back around forty grand or so for a decent job. A bit of a lump of money but start charting it out at £250 plus for a two hour birthday party and it will soon be earning a good return for your investment.

With proper planning and management, your play bus can easily cater for two parties in a day. If you are careful, you can squeeze three parties in. Call it an average of five parties over a weekend for the bus and you getting the best part of thirteen hundred quid in for your efforts.

Then start factoring in weekday after school parties and trawl for business around schools, nurseries and playgroups etc and the income soars to double or treble that every week.

A play bus is just one idea though. You could turn a bus into a computer games emporium or a mobile training facility. Think of any activity and the chances are a converted bus could in some way be used either for it or as a part of it. The legislative side of the business can be a fairly simple one in comparison to running a truck or coach business. When I was involved in it, we didn't need an operators license. I don't think that has changed and the insurance was fairly cheap.

So check out the Californian Wilts & Dorset bus in a couple of months. It could be anything by then except of course what it is in the picture on this thread.

There is one important point that you really cannot impress enough on the driver. As a Wilts & Dorset bus, the vehicle will have been working on pre planned set routes picking passengers up and dropping them off. In it's new life, the journeys it will now be driven along will most likely be one off's getting to each job. Just keep reminding the driver. Bridges and tree's! Bridges and tree's! Bridges and tree's! Bridges and tree's! Bridges and tree's!
I got as far as business and then just gave up and went for a wank and a lie down to cure the boredom.

Hope there a few pools of vomit upstairs and a couple of knobheads smoking wackybaccy for authenticity.
I see you caught the 'bus back from Salisbury a couple of times. Go down the hill into somewhere or other and a tsunami of piss went to the front. What gay times we had.

alib

LE
But who's going to piss on the seats for them? Will there be a musky tramp furiously masturbating in the aisle? Are schoolchildren going to set the curtains on fire?

It's SF, the fragrant street onanist is a given.

Jimmer

Old-Salt
As an ex driver for W&D (now called Morebus, not Salisbury Reds) I pick issue with them being called Stagecoach as W&D were taken over by the Go-Ahead group, NOT Stagecoach wankers :p

Not much new. Retired London Transport buses were being shipped over to the States back in the '60s. After the novelty wore off, many were parked up in yards and allowed to rot in the open.

Now and again they've been traced and repatriated by enthusiasts.

RLH 69

Curtains on Wilts and Dorset? You've never been on of their buses i take it

Spotter head on, there's some excellent footage across youtube of old buses, brings back memories of ones youth, my father worked on the engineering side of a big bus company all his life, apart from national service.
Spotter head off, fuck off.

I remember seeing double deckers in use in New York City in the '80s as tourist sightseeing buses although not in their original livery.

I wonder if they are planning on sending any more over? Could tie in nicely with my plan to drive from Tampa to San Fran later in the year... :D
Could work out well, you'll be able to get a lift after you inevitably break down

Latest Threads