Old records question

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Cretin, Jun 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left in 97, and I know absolutely nothing about clerk stuff.

Basically, is there any way I can prove any of my qualifications to a civvy regulatory body?

I need to show that I went on a radiation protection supervisor course at Gosport, but I've lost my certificate.

I called up a mate of mine who is a clerk. He said everything about my service should be on unicom. He put in my Regimental number and it didn't show that I went on the course. Worse, everything else was wrong - corps, trade and final rank.

Having been a civvy for 10 years, I didn't want to make a big deal about it - but one of the clerks I spoke to more or less said "if it's not on here, you didn't do it".

I'm pretty certain I didn't hallucinate the better part of my service, so does anyone know if there is any other record of courses done?

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3. Thanks for replying.

My red book doesn't say anything except my joining and leaving dates, and that I didn't cause any trouble. There's also a reference at the end, which I recall the Chief Clerk let me write myself.

So, no - my red book is about as much use as a trapdoor in a canoe.

4. Send a SAR (Subject Access Request) to your old MCM DIV with all your old details. They will give you everything that was ever (all of it) written about you even your old 2066's

Edited to add
    anything that was ever written about you in your service history including medical

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Look like a request for your record, you can download the SAR form from the link above.

6. Thanks for that. I'll do that.

I'm not sure I really want to read everything that was written about me, if it includes various OCs saying what a jack tosser I was.

7. I recently read mine it is so funny

8. Try contacting the courses clerk at the where you did the course at Gosport. They should have a record of your attendance and it probably wouldn't be too much trouble to run off another cert for you.
    :D

9. Don't you need to go on a refresher/update course every 5 years to stay current? Otherwise the RPS certificate 'expires'.