Old records question

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Cretin, Jun 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Cretin

    Cretin Old-Salt

    I left in 97, and I know absolutely nothing about clerk stuff.

    Basically, is there any way I can prove any of my qualifications to a civvy regulatory body?

    I need to show that I went on a radiation protection supervisor course at Gosport, but I've lost my certificate.

    I called up a mate of mine who is a clerk. He said everything about my service should be on unicom. He put in my Regimental number and it didn't show that I went on the course. Worse, everything else was wrong - corps, trade and final rank.

    Having been a civvy for 10 years, I didn't want to make a big deal about it - but one of the clerks I spoke to more or less said "if it's not on here, you didn't do it".

    I'm pretty certain I didn't hallucinate the better part of my service, so does anyone know if there is any other record of courses done?
  2. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

  3. Cretin

    Cretin Old-Salt

    Thanks for replying.

    My red book doesn't say anything except my joining and leaving dates, and that I didn't cause any trouble. There's also a reference at the end, which I recall the Chief Clerk let me write myself.

    So, no - my red book is about as much use as a trapdoor in a canoe.
  4. stellawifebeater

    stellawifebeater Old-Salt

    Send a SAR (Subject Access Request) to your old MCM DIV with all your old details. They will give you everything that was ever (all of it) written about you even your old 2066's

    Edited to add
    anything that was ever written about you in your service history including medical
  5. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

    Look like a request for your record, you can download the SAR form from the link above.
  6. Cretin

    Cretin Old-Salt

    Thanks for that. I'll do that.

    I'm not sure I really want to read everything that was written about me, if it includes various OCs saying what a jack tosser I was.
  7. stellawifebeater

    stellawifebeater Old-Salt

    I recently read mine it is so funny
  8. electric_citizen

    electric_citizen Old-Salt

    Try contacting the courses clerk at the where you did the course at Gosport. They should have a record of your attendance and it probably wouldn't be too much trouble to run off another cert for you.
  9. Apollonia

    Apollonia Old-Salt

    Don't you need to go on a refresher/update course every 5 years to stay current? Otherwise the RPS certificate 'expires'.