Old PLCE pouches...

I was packing my PLCE webbing just now (cos molle is overrated in opinion) and I saw in the top of on of the pouches on the lid, there’s a little pocket... I was just wondering what it does as everything the British military come up with definitely has a purpose?!?

Water bottle pouch? Puri-tabs, lifeboat matches.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
I think you're spot on there. Can't be respirator case as that has vertical compartments for all the NBC stuff, if I remember correctly

I was packing my PLCE webbing just now (cos molle is overrated in opinion) and I saw in the top of on of the pouches on the lid, there’s a little pocket... I was just wondering what it does as everything the British military come up with definitely has a purpose?!?
Best you post a picture before the alcohol befuddled provide some dis-information...

If it's inside the lid and the pouch has a vertical divider inside it's for puri-tabs. It's the water bottle pouch.

Hexi-burner or ORP sundries pack.

No, not big enough- it was definitely puri-tabs.
You misunderstand me: the little pocket inside the lid is for puri-tabs; I used the vertical divider in the body of the pouch for a hexi-burner or the sundries pack (I carry 2 water bottles on my webbing).