Old photos I found

Guessing its either Norway Or Canada. As for when...... I'll guess at 1983.

jonwilly said:
Batus 82 where I sat out the Falklands.
john
Nice to see the cabs look almost good enough to fly.

Despite my best efforts in Sep 81.

Don't know.
Ian came out on the first battle group of the season. I later served with him in Detmold and did one Falklands Garrison duty with him.
For the life of me I can't remember if he was 654 or 659, memory suggests 654 most likely.
Good guy, very steady Aviator.
john

Didnt the pilot have a brother whom was a groundie...?
Yes he did, although I can't remember his name. He was a groundie down at Soest in the mid/late 80s. The spitting image of Ian. Ian flies for the West Yorks Police, has done since he left around 89/90.

MightyGem said:
Yes he did, although I can't remember his name. He was a groundie down at Soest in the mid/late 80s. The spitting image of Ian.quote]

I think the brothers nickname was a small bird normally kept in a cage.

MightyGem said:
Yes he did, although I can't remember his name. He was a groundie down at Soest in the mid/late 80s. The spitting image of Ian. Ian flies for the West Yorks Police, has done since he left around 89/90.
Could have sworn I served with Ian in 657 90 to early 92! He was a staffy when I arrived at Oakington Bks and his was the first cab I pushed out on line duty.

Could have sworn I served with Ian in 657 90 to early 92
I'm fairly sure of my dates, because I can remember him leaving and thinking "Hmmm...I fancy doing that when I leave". But, I have been known to be wrong.

MG, Ian wuz in Detters early-mid 80's for sure. Next year I'll probably have found my slides from back then if my brother has saved them. Much there.
Does he now fly one of thoes Jobber bow't T/R ?
That is if they still fly, I used to se the Man cab overhead regularly, but last three trips home no Man cab.
john

MightyGem said:
I'm fairly sure of my dates, because I can remember him leaving and thinking "Hmmm...I fancy doing that when I leave". But, I have been known to be wrong.
Okay, I'm the same, old age, wrong names, places, etc. But I'm sure he was the staffy who caught me 'poaching' around the back of Dishcloth mid 1991 and subsequently bolllocked me.

Yeah Ching Ching far sure. Took mi brother down the year after I left and Jonnathan of big bike fame showed him round it. Does it still fly or grounded for spares?
john
Have potrait shot of Ian wan'ta see ?

Gunny Highway said:
MightyGem said:
Okay, I'm the same, old age, wrong names, places, etc. But I'm sure he was the staffy who caught me 'poaching' around the back of Dishcloth mid 1991 and subsequently bolllocked me.
Ian was still knocking around 657 early 90's. Must have left not long after the move from Oakington.

(He had some very shiny spares on his series II Land Rover I seem to remember.......eh Murphy? ;))

Ian was a Lynx jock at 657 when I left Oakington in Nov '89. I seem to remember that he altered the shape of a Lynx in NI a few years before. Downwind approach, max AUW = stoof. Crewed with him a few times when 657 were doing 24 Air Mobile trg. Good guy.