Old photos I found

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by jonwilly, Apr 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Guessing its either Norway Or Canada. As for when...... I'll guess at 1983.

2. Batus 82 where I sat out the Falklands.
    john

3. Nice to see the cabs look almost good enough to fly.

Despite my best efforts in Sep 81.

4. Didnt the pilot have a brother whom was a groundie...?

5. Don't know.
    Ian came out on the first battle group of the season. I later served with him in Detmold and did one Falklands Garrison duty with him.
    For the life of me I can't remember if he was 654 or 659, memory suggests 654 most likely.
    Good guy, very steady Aviator.
    john

6. Yes he did, although I can't remember his name. He was a groundie down at Soest in the mid/late 80s. The spitting image of Ian. Ian flies for the West Yorks Police, has done since he left around 89/90.

8. Could have sworn I served with Ian in 657 90 to early 92! He was a staffy when I arrived at Oakington Bks and his was the first cab I pushed out on line duty.

9. Ian and Phil, which one was the cartoon helicopter Moogee?

10. I'm fairly sure of my dates, because I can remember him leaving and thinking "Hmmm...I fancy doing that when I leave". But, I have been known to be wrong.

11. MG, Ian wuz in Detters early-mid 80's for sure. Next year I'll probably have found my slides from back then if my brother has saved them. Much there.
    Does he now fly one of thoes Jobber bow't T/R ?
    That is if they still fly, I used to se the Man cab overhead regularly, but last three trips home no Man cab.
    john

12. I take it you mean one of these?
    [​IMG]
    West Yorks ASU