Old one piece battle dress.

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by womble30313, Feb 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is an odd question and if I come across as some kind of weirdo or something, sorry.
    Just watching Bad Lads Army here and it sparked a question for any of you with a bit nore maturity than me.

How the hell did you go for a sh1te in those old Battle Dress?

2. One piece? must be coveralls - same procedure as with a boiler suit.

BD - undo blouse belt, undo braces, drop trousers, cr@p. Reverse procedure when finished.

:roll:

3. The old BD wasnt actually one piece, but it did have buttons that joined the blouse and trousers together.

4. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Coveralls, Man, Lightweight, Olive Drab, aka Baggy Green Skin (think David Dundas and his one hit "Jeans On" 1976). standard issue for vehicle crews in the cavalry until at least 1982 when I moved on. (Tankies wore the same but black.)

If yer really clever, you lose the baggy green skin while yer still in the turret then wander off for a shovel recce. Doesn't work if it's hot and under yer baggy green skin (or denims as the cavalry also call them, causing confusion among non-cav who think of lightweight trousers as denims) yer wearing nothing more than boots, socks and shreddies. Don't let the RMO catch you dressed like that cos he'll tell you all about the dangers of the carcinogenic effects of prolonged exposure to vehicle oils next to the skin. It'll stop you wiping yer oily hands on the only non-oily area on yer denims - the crotch.

5. as you can see on this web site http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/reenactors/index.asp

battledress nowadays are expensive , since there is such a big requirment for them off world war 2 re-enactors , an original ww2 one can fetch some serious money , especial if it is marked up a airborne . I am a re-enactor but at £85 for the tunic alone , just cant efford one . :(

6. Ahhhh, Perhaps if you got a job and kept your Walt activities to a minimum you could maybe buy one

7. If you cant afford and dont have the uniform, how can you be a re-enactor? :?
    I suppose you could invest in a tin bath and re-enact wartime ablutions, or run around nekkid, re-enacting wartime streaking.
    Hope this helps.

8. The Battle Dress was in two parts, One a Jacket, two the trousers, now if you don't know how to take your trousers down then should you be on here.