Old lady charged with assault - Another result for the CPS

I know it's the Wail…

but FFS! Just who's side are the Police on?

"Julie Reilly, prosecuting, told magistrates: 'This defendant says he was playing football in the street when there was an incident between himself and the defendant.

'Had the defendant accepted her criminality in prodding the aggrieved in the chest there and then, this could well have been dealt with in a different way.'

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/...AULT-World-War-Two-Renate-Bowling-German.html

This is very wrong. She should have been charged with crimes against fashion:

One adult return on the bus please.....

She's German; should have made a formal complaint of Racist Abuse - both the scroat AND the excuse for coppers who arrested her.

CPS = Cnut's Protection Service.

I know...

Problem is that if the plod get a complaint they have to act on it.

Real arrsehole here is the magistrate. He should have thrown the case out.

I'd have loved to see the boy complaining to the coppers...
*sniff*..."An old woman poked me...*sniff*

Ulster_Rifleman said:
I know...

You mean like they acted on the complaints of the woman who burned herself and her daughter to death after years of abuse? :roll:

There will be more to this than meets the eye as even the CPS would have binned this as not being in the public interest given the cost of the court to the maximum sentence.

I wonder what the article is leaving out.

Did the chav child have any previous (The CPS would require him to be a believeable victim/witness?)
Did it happen how she says it happen? Is she an old nagging twit whos fell out with neighbours one too many times?
Have the childs parents made a complaint over the issue?

Sorry but there is more to this than meets the eye. I know its the wail but even in the current climate I refuse to believe that these are the only details in the case. Even though the power of discretion has been pulled from the bobby and the power to charge has been handed to the CPS the ways and means act is still in use for just such cases and everyone from the bobby who took the report to the custody inspector would have been demanding this got No Further Actioned.

What are they leaving out I wonder? :?

Werewolf said:
Ulster_Rifleman said:
I know...

You mean like they acted on the complaints of the woman who burned herself and her daughter to death after years of abuse? :roll:
Point taken... Should have said 'they are supposed to act on it'.

Closet_Jibber said:
There will be more to this than meets the eye as even the CPS would have binned this as not being in the public interest given the cost of the court to the maximum sentence.

Yeah, I can tell just by looking at her she's a highly-trained ex-Stasi assassin! Poor little kid was lucky to escape with his life!

I'm surprised the Armed Response Unit did'nt attend: can't be too careful with those 71 year old cripples, you know. I mean, have you seen the damage a Zimmerframe can do when weilded in anger?!

Werewolf said:
Closet_Jibber said:

Yeah, I can tell just by looking at her she's a highly-trained ex-Stasi assassin! Poor little kid was lucky to escape with his life!

I'm surprised the Armed Response Unit did'nt attend: can't be too careful with those 71 year old cripples, you know. I mean, have you seen the damage a Zimmerframe can do when weilded in anger?!
No but I have seen an angry pensioner p1ss on the floor in a post office, verbally abuse the staff and spit at the first bobby who arrived. Then demand respect and special treatment due to his age.

Just because she can't do back flips doesn't mean she's a bundle of joy. (Not saying she isn't either mind but I am saying something is being left out)

She probably admitted it when asked. This is a guaranteed result and is good for the CPS' figures so she was prosecuted. The days of an experienced bobby making the decision as to whether the prosecution was in the public interest have gone.

Welcome to NL Britain.

They probably asked her on arrival, "You Labour or Conservative?" and when she said she loved Gordon Brown, they arrested her.... :p

eveyoz said:
She probably admitted it when asked. This is a guaranteed result and is good for the CPS' figures so she was prosecuted.
"Julie Reilly, prosecuting, told magistrates: 'This defendant says he was playing football in the street when there was an incident between himself and the defendant.

'Had the defendant accepted her criminality in prodding the aggrieved in the chest there and then, this could well have been dealt with in a different way.'

Nigel Beeson, defending, added: This is a very sad case for those concerned - a 71-year-old granny charged with assaulting a 17-year-old boy. It was a prod, there were no injuries.'

Originally Mrs Bowling had intended to deny the offence but after a long deliberation between the Crown Prosecution Service and her defence, Mrs Bowling admitted the charge of assault."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Two-Renate-Bowling-German.html#ixzz0SkzVWFTi

Closet_Jibber said:
Werewolf said:
Closet_Jibber said:

No but I have seen an angry pensioner p1ss on the floor in a post office, verbally abuse the staff and spit at the first bobby who arrived. Then demand respect and special treatment due to his age.

Just because she can't do back flips doesn't mean she's a bundle of joy. (Not saying she isn't either mind but I am saying something is being left out)
And in that type of situation they deserve everything they get. Do the crime, do the time.

But this is an old woman who's only "crime" was to poke an annoying little untermench in the chest and demand he stop throwing stones at her house.
For the life of me, I cannot think of a good reason to arrest and prosecute her.

Most likely the Can't Prosecute Service knows a soft target when they see it. And the coppers who arrested her knew that the paperwork would mean a nice, easy shift back at the station... :roll:

Everyone involved in this case - the untermench, the police who lifted her, the CPS lawyer and the magistrate need to be "re-educated".

With a baseball bat. :threaten:

The kid was 17 years old and 6 ft tall.

If he had anything about him he would have taken the OAPs "assault" on the chin and thought nothing more about it.

But it is obvious he is untermensch. Probably looking to get damages....

There doesn't seem to be ANY witnesses to this other than the two involved. Worth noting that when the James Bulger killers were arrested, they both slipped in to the "victim" role and tied the police up with all sorts of carp whilst they were being looked in to.

This 17yo probably did the same thing. Acts the hard man, gets taken down by a 71 year old who has seen more intimdating things than he, and then runs to the police, probably with cash signs in front of his eyes.

The police should have just had a word in both their shell likes and left it at that. It's this sort of b0110x that is tieing up the police and courts...

On the plus side. It is GOOD to see the police have a faster response time than the previous best of 10 years.

Why wasn't the child just told to grow a pair?

If i was teh copper i'd have p1ssed myself laughing that a 6ft 17 year old was assaulted by a 71 year old.... Tawt him round the head, and send him on his way.

'The police put me in the back of their van like a sack of spuds and took me to the station where they questioned me.
It probably explains the chip on her shoulder.

chocolate_frog said:
There doesn't seem to be ANY witnesses to this other than the two involved.
Hmm, says he was playing football when she assaulted him... by himself?!! unless he was just standing there kicking the ball against her wall....over and over and over....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Royal Air Force 99
Dark_Nit The NAAFI Bar 3
happybonzo Miscellaneous Jokes 0