Old kit still in use

This may have been posted before but anyway.

Drew a quantity of P'58 water bottles from the QM the other day for NBC training.

The oldest dated bottle was 1967. It also seemed to made better then some of the 2001 dated items.

So any advance on that?

My issue clasp knife is still going strong and its a 1957...........

General Melchett said:

Drew a quantity of P'58 water bottles from the QM the other day for NBC training.

The oldest dated bottle was 1967. It also seemed to made better then some of the 2001 dated items.

So any advance on that?
I have a 1965 dated Patt 58 water bottle which is green, Oh my God I have become an anorak! :oops:

my old '67 is still ok apart from a broken cap retainer. i also had a new '01 issue bottle until it the cap cracked on its 2nd exercise! guess having old kit does pay off...

We received a shiny AF436 that had just left ABRO. Looked brand new. The vehicle documents said "1960". 45 years serivce. Should have been given a bar to its LS&GC by now!

General Melchett said:

So any advance on that?
Someone in Basra had dumped one in the bin, so I fished it out and found that it was dated 1964. It had the new top but is otherwise fine.

On the same note, the amount of kit which was being dumped at the end of the tour was truly staggering.

msr

msr said:
Someone in Basra had dumped one in the bin, so I fished it out and found that it was dated 1964. It had the new top but is otherwise fine.

On the same note, the amount of kit which was being dumped at the end of the tour was truly staggering.

msr
Bin Raker!

I've got a messtin dated 1945 and my parade boots were made in 1951. And one of our 81mm barrels was made in 1967.

just checked my prismatic compass, issued to me in '93

T&G co
Manufactured 1942 as a mark III

later (date unknown) converted to " Mils, Mk I "

still works like a beauty, though the luminousity wore off years ago.